What is everyone's plan for their wedding rehearsal dinner? Smiley ring

19 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on February 7, 2018 at 21:37
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The mansion complex which we are getting married at has a restaurant on site so we will have the ceremony rehearsal at the grand hall and then dinner afterwards where we will meet up with the family and out of town guests. We may have a few games to play and that but mostly a simple night with everyone to help relax before the big day
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think some do but I wouldn’t tbh. We’re just getting an officiant from a list so this person is not special to us. I think people invite officiants to dine when they have a relationship with them (church or place of worship).
  • Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry, hit send too early. Is it normal to include the officiant for the meal after the rehearsal?
  • Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is it normal to include your officiant?
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to have us (obviously lol) our wedding party and parents along with the officiant to meet at the venue the evening before to go over the ceremony then we will all have dinner either at the venue or go out for food.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking a restaurant for sure, not too sure as to where. Personally I wouldn't mind skipping this but FH says we MUST do it....-sigh-

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was looking into restaurants to go to, but then my mother-in-law offered to host it at her house. She'll be getting it catered, and we can just relax with all our wedding party together at her place. I'm looking forward to it!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had dinner at a Mexican place and did a verbal run-through/rundown of the day with our wedding party.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I hope it will be fun and relaxing

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your rehearsal dinner sounds lovely!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely love this idea!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't think the rehearsal needs to be a big too do, low key is good, especially since the big show is usually the next day. You would be surprised how many people you could fit into a smaller house. I think having a bbq at a park or someone's backyard would be lots of fun, a night to relax and thank those that will be there for you. One of my jobs that I had years ago was at Pizza Hut lol working through going to school, we actually had a wedding party come in for their rehearsal and it was a blast for them and us, very casual and lots of fun.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my I hope all goes well!! I have one of thise families also. Both my parents have passed, but my aunt's have a hard time with the fact that my step mother and half siblings will be at the wedding and announced. This is 45 years after the cheating. My mom and stepmother actually became friends, to keep harmony for us kids.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would suggest that you go to the restaurant that you love in Streetsville. We are going to a place about 5 mins from the church in Winona, it's called the Innsville. My FH, myself, my brother and sister in law, are splitting on it for 22 people. The owner is preparing a special meal for us, that they don't serve in the restaurant, I like the food there already so I'm excited to try something new. The owner is so sweet, he called me today to find out my colours, so he can get napkins to match. Lol so cute.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were going to one of our favorite restaurants. It's 25min from the venue but technically on everyone's way home so not out of the way. It's bring your own wine, so we're getting everyone to bring their favorite bottle. We will be paying the bill at the end of the night as a thank you Smiley smile

It will also be a good way to see how my parents do together in the same room. They got divorced 6 years ago and haven't seen eachother since. My dad can't stand my mom and my mom blames my dad's gf for their divorce. Even though my mom is the one that cheated, she will never admit it and rather blame it on my dads gf. Ugh lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the one part of the wedding that I actually have NO idea what to do about.

We wanted to do just a BBQ feel at someone's house.. nice and relaxing and low key. But we don't have a house that's big enough to support the 24 people that would be invited.

We're debating just doing it in a local park but my mum is very against it.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Still planning that out. Our hall and rehearsal meeting will be in Oakville. So not sure if I want to find a restaurant in Oakville or go into Mississauga. There is a restaurant called Saucy I love in Streetsville so I might want to go there. What are you doing?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a super cool idea!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won a gift certificate to a BBQ food truck so we hired them for our dinner. It's now only half the cost it would've been! We are paying for our parents, wedding party, officiant and his wife, a couple other family members who are helping out. Any spouses/significant others are welcome to come, but they will have to pay themselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics