Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gabrielle
Beginner August 2019 Ontario

Wedding registry checklist.

Gabrielle, on September 12, 2018 at 10:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
So ive been looking for a website where guests can just check off what they will get instead of buying things online since they could probably find it cheaper elsewhere. Is there any websites that do that?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on September 13, 2018 at 00:58
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Myregistry.ca

just1registry.com

Haven't used them myself, but know of others who have.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used Ookoodoo, which lets you choose items from any website. You can even add items without a link to a store. I even added a comment stating that, unless there was a note, we didn't care about the models, brands and stores, the items were just examples of what we'd like.

Recently, I've bought something from a friend's registry on myregistry.com, and it seemed to work the same way. Since I bought the item from another store, I had to type what store I got it from, but it was easy to do.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of a website that does this... I guess technically you could just provide an online link to a document where people can remove items once they pick them... but I have to think that this could end up going very badly.

The reason to have the registry where people need to actually purchase the item to get it taken off is: people change their minds, they get lazy/forgetful, etc... Someone can log on before anyone else and pick a gift, then not buy it til the week before the wedding, and they realize they no longer have enough time, or money, or can't find it, etc...

Many stores will be understanding if someone calls and says, "X gift has been purchased, could you please remove it from X's registry"... But you can double check that they will do this for you.

Overall, buying a wedding gift isn't really about getting the best deal... It's about you guys getting the items you need/want for your new life.

Recently I did a registry at Bed Bath & Beyond for my Bridal Shower. It worked great... but if there were bigger items I knew had better prices somewhere else (Crockpot from Costco is almost half the price as BB&B)... I didn't put it on the registry. I would just be selective of the store you choose to have your registry, just pick somewhere that isn't generally overpriced.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics