Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Wedding planner vs planning yourself

Fiona, on January 16, 2018 at 11:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hi! I’m in need of advice. Is it worth it to hire a wedding planner for a very small >20ppl outdoor ceremony + photos without reception? Or would it be possible for an out of towner to plan and execute the ceremony myself? I’m on a limited budget and both my fiancé and I don’t want a huge party, and I’m looking to save wherever I can.
Any help is appreciated!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 27, 2018 at 12:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved the cost of the planner myself as all was organized and and self doable for a small wedding last year.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did everything ourselves as we also wanted to save money. We had tons of help from family though which was nice.

• F
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies, after looking into it I found that by booking the vendors and venue myself, it’s half that of what I was quoted from the planner!

I can definitely see why ppl use planners, their expertise is invaluable. But when on a budget...
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not using a planner and I think its definitely do able. With so much information at our finger tips, needing a planners connections isn't the same as it used to be.

If not going with a planner I agree with Stephanie and just don't get crazy with your details or you'll drive yourself crazy. You'll also want to make sure you're organized and spacing out when you're handling things so you don't get overwhelmed with everything at the same time.

I however, WOULD recommend making sure you have a point person the day of the wedding. A lot of venues will provide a coordinator who can help with the set up and help make sure everything is going to plan during the day. You do not want to be this person day off.. trust me.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a 120 person wedding without a planner. I think you can get by without having one. We are doing alot of things ourselves this way or just not worrying about it (decor, for example, we are just doing centrepieces, nothing too extravagant!)

The hard part about planning out of town, is making decisions without seeing it live. For example, getting a venue without viewing it. If you have family or friends in the place you are getting married, I think they would be a better help to see those places for you than someone who doesn't know you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics