Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Planner/coordinator

Hank, on June 22, 2021 at 06:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

For those who had or are having a small wedding (under 50 people), are you still using a wedding planner/coordinator?

For those who of you who hired a coordinator but decided to change your event from one at a venue to a small one in your own backyard, did you relieve them of their duties or did you stick it out and use them anyway?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on July 22, 2021 at 23:59
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh okay nice. Approximately how much would one charge on your end for the day?

I get that, but for me, I would plan it a way for just passing on messages and not put on one person. Also, we will try to incorporate that during our rehearsal as well.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I'm pulling the trigger for another one. I don't want our families to work much on the big day.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know I’ll love someone to take care of the details the day of. Since we’re having a small wedding of 70 total, I might not pay for one. However I might have a family member take care of the little nitty gritty. I will have everyone work together to keep track of a timeline and schedule I will create.

Will you go ahead to look for another coordinator?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you still considering it?

Ours dropped us during the pandemic because of personal matters so we didn't lose money as a result. We're still keeping our wedding small despite things more or less reopened so not sure if we want to shell out money for one. I definitely see the huge benefits in having one because who wants to be the one taking care of random details on the day of?

• T
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm on the fence. Planning 30 people, being casual. We have time to set up the reception room the day before but I can see how helpful and day-of would be.

• Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're inviting only 30 people but still hired a day-of coordinator, mainly for set up and tear down. That alone makes it worth it to me, but all the extras that she offers are a nice bonus.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really want to have a coordinator. However, I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it. It makes sense to have someone to keep an eye on everything and keep the day going smoothly. Still looking into it.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I was still to have a coordinator, it would be for the reception or anniversary celebration later on than losing out of the cost of losing them. The change from venue to backyard wedding would just be simplified to DIYs.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're on the fence. We've already paid about half the cost in deposits but we aren't sure we'll have much use for our coordinator anymore when we do our reception because our plans have changed so drastically. We originally mainly wanted to hire our coordinator to deal with set up and tear down and the coordination aspect was a bonus. But now we're likely using a space that we can decorate ourselves and we'll tear it down the next day.

Since it will only be an extra $500 or so we might just have her there to deal with any unforeseen issues so we don't have to and to deal with our caterer on the day of, but I don't expect she's going to have too much to do.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My coordinator was a good friend (who gifted it to us) but having her/a planner by my side through all the ups and downs along the way was fantastic. We did a lot together so she really knew what I wanted and what we were going for. Having her take over the day of was the exact same amount of work for her and relief for us, whether we had our original list or the 48 we ended up having. If we had been paying her I still would have had her!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which is totally understandable. I would to would want to have a family member with us instead of a vendor 100%!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only had 14 guests at our wedding and we decided to keep our planner. Even though it was such a small ceremony, I still wanted that peace of mind that someone (other than me lol) was on top of rentals being delivered, decor being where it should be, and any possible oversights would be dealt with in a smooth and calm way. She also did our timeline and made sure she was in contact with the rest of the vendors so they wouldn't have to come to me on the day of.
    I honestly loved her too, she was a great person to work with and bounce ideas off of and she helped with timing and music and even picked up our food for dinner since it wasn't able to be delivered. She went above and beyond for us and I would recommend having at least a day of coordinator to anyone having any size of wedding.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will be coming up with a detailed time line for the day. Im very lucky to have a couple people who have offered to take on the day of role if needed.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How are you planning to time your day and who's going to keep everyone. Including your vendors, on track?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally get not wanting to stress on the actual wedding day. Unfortunately with our current gathering restrictions, I feel like a lot of people won't want to lose a spot they could have for a loved one to a vendor.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning a 50-60 person wedding and as of right now we are not planning on using a wedding planner or coordinator but that is due to budget restrictions. We are on a very tight budget for the wedding but if we end up having extra money in the budget closer to the wedding, we will look into hiring a day of coordinator.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are still going to have our day of coordinator even if we have less then 50 people. That way we don't have to worry about setting up our decor still and can relax in a way. She's also helping us with timing of all of us walking down the aisle and walking into our reception. Hopefully by next summer we'll be able to have our entire guest count with us Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics