Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Diana
Beginner September 2017 Ontario

Wedding planner and negotiations

Diana, on March 13, 2017 at 17:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Lovely ladies and gentlemen... has anyone found that hiring a Wedding Planner saves money up front? We are going to have a day-of coordinator for sure, but I actually really enjoy the planning leading up to the big event. The only reason I'm considering hiring a planner is if s/he can bring down costs. Has anyone had significant savings? Avoided some horrific experiences? I'm trying to justify the costs and finding it hard to do so if it's around administrative and coordination tasks.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kenny & Fikayo, on March 14, 2017 at 15:14
  • Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rekramer,

I used Moe Events (***********@*****.*** for inquiries). Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Diana! Smiley smile I'm glad to see that you already got amazing help in here! Smiley heart You can also check out these discussions to see other opinions on this:

Wedding planner

Are you hiring a wedding planner?

You can also contact wedding planners in our directory to ask for quotes: Wedding Planning Toronto

Are them some aspects of planning that are stressing your more than others? Let us know if we can help! Smiley heart

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fikayo, who did you hire?

• Diana
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Katherine!

• Diana
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks very much Smiley smile

• Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Diana,

I went with a wedding planner. She was able to save us a lot of money with the food, cake, Dj, video/photo, decor, and the venue. The first 3 were because of her relationships with the vendors, and the last 2 were because of her killer negotiation skills. Lol.

I would definitely recommend a planner. It's made the planning process a lot smoother. That said, make sure you ask a lot of questions and clarify roles. i.e. What's the planner responsible for, what are you responsible for.

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You will not save the costs of hiring a planer by hiring a planner but they can save you some money... Less value if you have done the heavy lifting... I would love to be able to afford a month of planner we may still splurge once we have spent more of our budget

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics