Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Wedding planner

Chelsea, on November 7, 2016 at 11:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on having a wedding planner vs not having one? Do you think it is a waste of money to hire a wedding planner or do you think it is benefical and a must have? Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject!

Wedding planner

Wedding planner

Do you have or have you hired a wedding planner? Or are you planning everything yourself with the help of friends and family

4 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on November 7, 2016 at 11:37
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided against a wedding planner as I want to be invloved in every tiny aspect of planning my wedding! I love the research and the details, totally my thing! But if my venue didn't include it I would STRONGLY consider a DOC (Day Of Coordinator)! They are a point person for vendors to call day of with any issues, they are there to oversee the delivery and setup of any flowers/ cake/ food/ decorations. I think it would be a huge load off and I've heard many people say they are worth every penny!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am skipping the wedding planner for several reasons:

Budget- they are pricey- and on a small budget, often not practical

Experience- I actually went to school for hospitality and events, so I have a good amount of knowledge to get me through.

Size- my wedding is small, I don't have the need for someone to watch a million details.

And last but not least- I love my wedding planning! Stressful, Frustrating at times....but I love putting love and care into this day, to make it ours. Blood sweat and tears!

I can see where a planner might be a great idea for a larger wedding, with the budget to accomodate the extra costs....but not for me!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't hire a wedding planner! I personally love to plan events and such and my wedding is no different! I have been looking forward to planning my wedding for so long! One of my bridesmaids is also married and so she has been extremely helpful with the planning process and getting me a lot of great deals! Smiley winking My wedding venue owner and the dj we hired both actually help co-ordinate with all of my other vendors to ensure everything goes as planned the day of without any extra cost as well! So I didn't feel it was neccessary to hire one!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't hiring one just for the sake of having a lot of family that loves to plan. We are going to be getting a lot of help planning and organizing, I think it would be easier for us to eliminate just one extra person to worry about. Have you hired one?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics