Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

Wedding Party Gifts

Carol, on February 3, 2018 at 08:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 29
What have you chosen to give to your wedding party, as a Thank You for standing up for you and your FH? Smiley flower

29 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on February 8, 2018 at 14:56
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting my maid of honour a pandora bracelet with a charm with her birthstone on it, a charm with a palm tree because we are going to Domincan for the bachelorette, and probably another charm somehow related to the wedding. For all my bridesmaids I am getting them a nice necklace with their name and birthstone on it.

My fiance is getting all the guys watches and is getting his best man's engraved with a thank you message on the back.

• Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having special wine glasses made for the head table. and i have also purchased all the jewelry for my party as a thank you.

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am unsure yet about what exactly I’ll be getting my girls. I am planning to bring my First Nations culture from the west coast into my wedding. I am thinking I might get the groomsman a tie with the type of design from a west coast artist.

I may get a nice pair of beaded earrings for the girls or something for them to wear. I am planning on wearing my mukluks my mom made me because with a winter wedding it will keep my feet warm outside for pictures. I may look at the cost of making maybe some moccasins for my bridesmaids that match.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm looking at Pandora matching charms for the bridesmaids (dangle) and the necklace that matches the charms for my maid of honour. Thinking i might get the earrings from the set for myself to tie us all together. It's a lot of money though, so not sure yet.

https://ca.pandora.net/en/search?q=forget+me+not

My FH is working on ideas for the groomsmen.

• Tami
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Tami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'd like to incorporate Converse shoes into our attire so we will be purchasing them for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Likely some jewelry for the girls as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cologne sets to the BM and sample fragrances to MOHs.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the groomsmen we got sit'n sip coolers from weddingfavours.ca. For the bridesmaids we got them reusable totes, a monogrammed blanket and a bath bomb.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is really nice. Good price too!
  • Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Quality is great! Colors are exactly as shown online, and they are super soft! For the price, I am super happy with them!

Here is a link!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/b01ler8n1u/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=utf8&psc=1

• Michelle
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really!? How was the quality of them? Do you have a link to the ones you picked out?
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazon!!!
    I think they ended up being $16.00 each!
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can I ask where you got your blanket scarves? I really want to get my girls one each but I'm having a hard time finding them for a decent price
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far for the bridesmaids:
    - paying for hair and makeup
    - a plaid blanket scarf for the day of
    - will buy some novelty socks, bath bombs, and earrings/necklace/bracelet for day of

So far for the groomsmen:
    - paying for the jeans for the day of
    - will buy a personalized buck or fillet knife, novelty socks, a personalized drinking glass, and possibly a personalized flask

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Their dress & artificial flower bouquets are the gifts for my bridesmaids
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm putting little bags together for the ladies. I'm including some local things like soap and bath salts, and then I'm going to add some chocolates, a small bottle of their favourite liquors and I purchased a necklace and scarf for them to wear the day of as well. It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but they've done so much for me, I felt like it was worth it!

For the guys, I let my fiance choose. He decided on pocket watches with personalized engravings. We budgeted about $100 each for everyone in our wedding party.

One of my fiance's brothers gave out space pens at his wedding as a gift, and it was a huge hit among the men....something to consider too, if anyone wants an idea.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been looking for ideas 💡 as well. My flower girl, I was thinking of giving her a bracelet with two charms ( one will have our wedding date on it and the second our color theme). And my a framed photo of either her or all of us. Not sure yet. As for my bridesmaids I was looking at doing the same but in a necklace style. And maybe pay for everyone to have their hair and makeup done. As for the men well I know my fiancé isn’t good at doing that sort of thing. So I’ll think of something on his behalf. Maybe an engraved pocket knife for his son. And maybe an engraved cool can opener or wallet for my son.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got that same shrug from my FH Lol, what you have gathered for your side sounds lovely and unique. We are also doing a bridal brunch, I'm paying one of my friends that is a chef to come in and take care of us.
  • Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been picking up some small inexpensive items for my side as we go so that’s it’s unique things they may not have gotten for themselves. I’m trying to do lots of small and local things for our wedding and I thought this could be something a little different while still being manageable in my budget!

so far I’ve got initial necklaces and small studs earrings, packs of Post it’s with their names on them, and I’m ordering a bridal snack brunch to the hotel the day of the wedding for us!

my FH is not quite as organized. I just ask what he’s doing and he shrugged LOL
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea! I might have to steal it lol
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got the dresses and pants for the wedding party and some accessories to complete the outfit.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's very nice to be covering that. We have contributed to the suits for the guys, I'm covering half of the cost for the girls hair and Make up. I'm also giving them some pieces of jewellry that my friends sells, my junior bridesmaid I'm giving her a Pandora bracelet and a wedding charm, her hair and makeup is only 20 dollars so compared to the ladies, I though I would spend the same amount on Pandora for her. My FH is getting the guys something he can engrave.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol yes it sure is enough!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were technically not doing any gifts.

For my bridesmaids, I'm paying for their hair and make up. I've paid for their dresses and all accessories.

For the groomsmen, we're paying the suit rentals and any accessories they would need.

I think that's plenty enough of a thank you lol
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm covering hair and makeup and trying to find a nice necklace and earring set for the girls. FH is covering suit rental for the guys and maybe a pocket watch.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooooh I just had an idea! I might get my MOH a subscription box for 6 months!!!! It will come with beauty and fitness products!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing gifts. My FH hasn't decided what he's doing for the guys yet, but we're also buying their ties and pocket squares.

For my girls, my plan was to give each of them a S'well water bottle (different colours), a bracelet that holds hair ties, a little emergency kit with breath drops, nail polish, etc that you can get from Indigo and slippers. My mum picked up the S'well water bottles for me and is now refusing to let me pay her back.. so I'll also be covering the girl's make up now as I have the budget.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is buying his brothers suit, and I will probably buy my MOH a designer bag or jewellery. I only have 1 in my bridal party. Not sure what I want to get for the Ring Bearer and Flower Girl yet.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are great ideas! Smiley gift
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to be personalizing mine based on my party's interests and I will be writing a thank you note on the item. For my MOH, I am looking to get a book of some sort (travel, photography most likely), one bridesmaid a popcorn bucket and the other a tea mug.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics