Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Wedding Party

Amanda, on September 12, 2021 at 14:32

Posted in Plan a wedding 50

Hey Everyone! How many people are in your wedding party? What made you decide on the number of people for your big day? My fiance and I had talked about who we wanted to be in our wedding right after we had gotten engaged and we both agreed that we wanted a small wedding party! We're defiantly not...

Hey Everyone! How many people are in your wedding party? What made you decide on the number of people for your big day?

My fiance and I had talked about who we wanted to be in our wedding right after we had gotten engaged and we both agreed that we wanted a small wedding party!

We're defiantly not the typical couple that's going to have 5 or 6 people on each side standing up for us on our big day. We both agreed that we didn't want people in our wedding party just because everyone else has big bridal party's at their weddings. We wanted our group to be people we were really close with and pictures last a life time! Don't ever feel obligated to have people stand up for you just because you've known them for x amount of years!

So we decided to have one person on each side standing up for us.

My MOH is my best friend of 7 years and my fiance's BM is his younger brother.

50 Comments

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a great choice and a great number!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think 2 each is just plenty! and 22 guests is amazing! Love small and intimate weddings Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH MY GOSH!!! That would drive me crazy going back and forth with the guestlist. Hopefully he can make up his mind haha

• Janice
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Janice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither myself or my fiancee have a huge circle of friends. It will be my sister and best friend on my side and 2 people on his side.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I have 2 each.

I have my best friend of 15 years as my MOH and my younger sister as a bridesmaid. Usually people put their sister as a MOH, but my sister is pretty young and does not know much about wedding in general whereas my best friend does hair and goes to weddings all summer. It would be easier to do planning with someone who understands the industry much better than someone who does not.

As for my fiancé he chose 2 really close friends of his. One is from when he went to basic training back in 2017 and they have been inseparable since and the other is a really good friend he made while away for 6 months on tour.

I have asked him if he wanted more because he did not include his brothers, but he does not want more (also for the fact I don't really have a ton of friends to invite to the wedding in the first place) so to have all friends in the wedding party would look weird.

The other big thing is that we are having an extremely small wedding in Mexico and our list is at 22 people with 4 of those in the wedding party.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhh okay nice. A decent list!
    Ohhhhhh I totally feel and understand that, like it’s very hard to pick and choose. Especially when you want your friends to come and celebrate but it’s not possible. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I thought we had the list down. We’ve been on this list planning for a while now.

He’s being too active and stressing me more! Hahahahaha!! He added a friend and his girl way after we had a set list. They did not make the list from out of 8 times that we planned this and in the last bit, they made it and he’s uninviting close family friends for them. Like what the heck… 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're also having a small wedding as well with around 68 that's if we're able to have our entire guest list next august. I feel like having just one person each standing up for each of us, means a little bit more to each of the bridal party, you know?! And being able to really look at different kinds of bridesmaids dresses and not having to worry about if other bridesmaids like them as well and what not lol.

That's awesome that she has a dress as a back up just in case!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having only one on each side. Basically their only duty is to sign as witnesses. We are having a smaller wedding (hopefully around 80) and figured too many in the wedding party would look strange. I have my BF of 34 years as my MOH. It makes it easier. No one has to spend extra on clothes. This weekend we went through my MOH's closet to find a dress she already has so if she doesn't find one she likes better at least I know she has something.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful day with your bridal party Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé and I are having 4 on each side. I knew I needed atleast 2 but then I left the number up to my Fiancé. I know they don't have to be even but I knew it would drive me crazy if it wasn't. My Fiancé decided on 4. His best friend as BM, his two brothers as groomsmen and a really close female friend (to both of us) as a groomswoman!

For myself I picked my best friend for 10 years as my MOH. I was her MOH and we've supported each other through so much over the years. For bridesmaids I have my cousin who's always been my best friend and two of my other closest friends!
    I'm very excited about everyone that will be standing up with us!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're sitting at 66, 68 including my fiance and I. It was hard last year when we thought we could have a wedding this past august and cut the guest list down to 50 because of restrictions. Like how do you pick and choose when your guest list is already small!!! Our venue can hold up to 200 guests. We've had our guest list in place from the very beginning. We both didn't want a big wedding and knew exactly who we were inviting.

That's amazing though that he's been active in the wedding planning!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, what’s the number of your guests list?
    I cannot imagine either. Our venue holds 70 guests for seated dinner and now we have 46 or so. My fiancé is very optimistic about the list and he’s the one that’s dragging his feet on amending the list ever since. I knocked down most of my friends, except for this couple. While he has yet to get his side together. He has so much to say about this wedding, that I’m shock, hahaha! Keep my in your thoughts when you don’t stress much. 😂😂
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know! I'm kinda glad our guests list have been small from the very beginning. I can't even imagine for couples who have 100-200 or even more guests.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That means a lot!!
    Thank you so much Amanda!! 🙏🏾💕
    As much as I wanted it small, this Covid really impacted our guests list even more.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful to hear! It's really the new normal to have small these days

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think you'll have a beautiful day with your family members Smiley heart

• K
    Newbie August 2022 Nova Scotia
    Kelly Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having two each. I was so worried at first because I have two older sisters, but I didn't ask them to stand. I asked them to do a reading instead. They didn't care at all about standing, so I'm having my friends be my MOH and bridesmaid. My fiancé is having his friend and sister as best man and groomsperson. We wanted small.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Amanda, 👋🏾
    At first I was not planning to have a wedding party as we wanted a much smaller wedding than now. So when we started planning a intimate wedding, my sisters had different plans. Hahaha! They volunteered themselves as bridesmaids. So therefore, my wedding party is consists of family members. I had a hard time choosing a MOH, so therefore my sister (after me, as I’m the eldest) is going my MOH since she really assisted me every way possible with our new wedding plan at that time. Then my younger sister, cousin, and my fiancé’s cousin are my bridesmaids. The Bestman is my fiancé’s best friend of over 10 years. While two of the groomsmen are my fiancé’s cousin and the other is my baby brother.

So I have 8 members in my wedding party (4 ladies and 4 gents).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics