Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Wedding Party

Amanda, on September 29, 2020 at 14:18

Posted in Plan a wedding 44

Hello WeddingWire Family! How many people are in your wedding party? What made you decide on the number of people for your big day? My fiance and I had talked about who we wanted to be in our wedding right after we had gotten engaged and we both agreed that we wanted a small wedding party! We're...

Hello WeddingWire Family! How many people are in your wedding party? What made you decide on the number of people for your big day?

My fiance and I had talked about who we wanted to be in our wedding right after we had gotten engaged and we both agreed that we wanted a small wedding party!

We're defiantly not the typical couple that's going to have 5 or 6 people on each side standing up for us on our big day. We both agreed that we didn't want people in our wedding party just because everyone else has 5 or 6 in their weddings. We wanted our group to be people we were really close with. So we decided to have one person on each side standing up for us.

My MOH is my best friend of 6 years and my fiance's BM is his younger brother.

44 Comments

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan to have 3 on each side, for him his cousin and 2 sons, for me my best friend since the first grade, my cousin and my daughter. I have no siblings and he has 2 sisters and has been married before. We plan to have a traditional Filipino ceremony which will include 3 sets of sponsors so that way we can include other family members and friends so that they don't feel left out. Our flower girl and ring bearer will both be nieces of ours, we don't have any young nephews.

I think the number of guests also influences the number of people in your party, smaller guest list smaller bridal party and the other way around as well.

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The 13 year old is super excited and would like to be in a tux being the bouncer. LOL. The 20 year old may not want to be involved but we will let him make that decision.

I would love to have all my "kids" in our wedding but that would mean 1 flower pup, 1 flower girl, 5 Jr. bridesmaids, 2 ring bearers, 3 Jr. Groomsmen. I thought it was a little excessive. Smiley xd

I am thinking positively for everyone especially those who postponed to next year. Smiley heart

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had planned to skip the wedding party altogether. The only reason I have bridesmaids is to make it easier to explain to folks why they weren't invited to our ceremony this year because it's way easier to say "it's just immediate family and our wedding party".

I asked our closest couple friends to be our witnesses, and I asked my best friends to be bridesmaids and his to be groomsmen. It's a bit of a symbolic position because the wedding is small and there won't be a processional or speeches (next year when we have the big party that will be different).
  • Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was originally going to have no one but then I thought it might look good for pictures. I have two on each side. My sister and his sister and then his brother and my brother. I potentially might add a third to my side because of hurt feelings but ultimately would like to just keep it to the two each
  • Anna
    Newbie May 2022 Manitoba
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 3 on each side, plus a junior bridesmaid. My best friend, my close friend who's been with me since high school, his sister, his best friend, and my two sons (in their teens). The junior bridesmaid is my daughter, who will be 11 at the time of the wedding.

It was hard to narrow things down! We each have a few others we strongly considered asking, but we agreed we didn't want a huge wedding party since we're not having a huge wedding. We attended a wedding once where there were as many people standing up with the bride and groom as there were sitting in chairs and watching, and we swore that wouldn't be us!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whoa, is four considered "big" now? I figured that was average. Most weddings I've attended had 3-5 people per side. The big ones to me are 6+ with the biggest I've seen being at 10 people per side + Junior bridesmaids + ring bearer/flower girl.

My fiancee and I are having four per side. In terms of family, I asked my two cousins to be groomsmen whereas her party is practically all made up of family: sister as MOH, with two cousins from her mom's side and her best friend as bridesmaids. Her best friend lives in the US though so if she can't make it, her spot will be taken up by another cousin from her dad's side.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean! So many of our friends have had big wedding parties and I'm thinking to myself how do I choose that many lol

I also think since we're at a limit for gatherings right now, we've made a great choice by only have one standing up for us on each side. That way we can have a few more of our family and friends attend our big day next summer

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's wonderful to hear! I love how you're incorporating his kids in some way!

We are having kids at our wedding but it all depends on how next year plays out and if everyone is able to travel to BC with us for our wedding and if that happens, we'll have to adjust our guest list.

• Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 2 each which seems to be quite uncommon. All of my married friends had at least 4 or 5 members on each side. It actually worked perfectly in the end since we had a microceremony with very few guests Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want a big wedding party either so we have 2 each. My sister and my best friend for me and his best friend and closest friend for him. He had a harder time picking as this will be his second wedding so he chose people who didn't stand up for him the first time. We will also have NO kids in our wedding because I am a professional Aunt and have WAY too many kids in my life however we are incorporating his two kids somehow who are 20 and 13.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome though! I'm an only child so I don't have any siblings that could stand up for me. But if I did, I probably would have them stand up for me as well!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol we are that couple with 6 each. He has our son,two brothers and 3 closest friends. I have my 2 sister in law and 4 closest friends. Two of my friends are sisters when lol. So it is a very close crew. I couldn't imagine without them. They are all close and there for us on so many levels.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics