Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenn
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Wedding party

Jenn, on December 28, 2017 at 10:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
My FH is from a very tall family and I’m from very short. Our discussion is; do we stick with tradition and have both brothers on my fiancé’s side and both sisters on mine? Or do we put his siblings beside him and mine beside me? We don’t have any other people in the bridal party. I’m just wondering if it would look funny to have my bro beside him and his bro who are both over 6ft tall and mine is maybe 5’6. Same with the girls.. his sister is over 6feet tall and my sister and I are about 5’2. Opinions?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 6, 2018 at 19:30
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The height of the wedding party shouldn't be a concern since its all family. If thers is an order you feel that works , go for it otherwise stick to BM and GM on hubby side and BM and MOH on your side.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On both sides my groom and I are the shortest (I'm 5' and he is 5'8") so the height will descend into the middle no matter what lol. My bridesmaids and the groomsmen are of varying heights and the only thing I'm likely going to be conscious of for height, is the pairings between the two. For example I probably won't match up the 6'3" groomsmen with my bridesmaid that is 5'2" and instead, pair him with the friend that is 5'7".

I would do what you want and if you're really concerned about it, let it be known to your photographer and they can take some cool shots that don't focus on everyone standing in a straight line.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Height shouldn't matter. Have the people who mean the most up there next to you regardless of how short or tall you or they are.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldnt worry about the height! Its really up to you how you want people to stand... Whether you stand with the girls or your siblings. Whichever means the most to you Smiley smile
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd be pissed if I got stuck standing up next to my sibling's partner instead of the person I've known my entire life over something like height or sex.

• Breanna
    Curious October 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't worry too much about height! Its the fact you have loving people who care about you standing by your side that matters. Have a conversation with your photographer, they may have good ideas on how to make it look good!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think height matters, you can have them stand in certain spots so maybe it doesn't look to odd but overall I think is not a big deal. But I do like the idea of having byour own siblings in your side with you, it's a nice concept

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a couple weddings where the siblings have stuck together. My friend had his sister as the "best woman" and his wife had her brother as the "man of honour". Another friend had her sister, brother-in-law and cousin and her husband had his brother, sister-in-law and sister.

It is up to you how you want to do it; personally, I think having your siblings with you and his with him is a neat idea.

I have one tall bridesmaid (the other two and myself are 5'2" or under). Fiance has one short groomsmen (him and two groomsmen are 5'10" or taller) so we will just make it work for pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics