Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Wedding Oops's ! What have you made mistakes on and been able to fix

Becky, on April 5, 2019 at 10:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 36

Have you had made any mistakes along the way and had time to fix them?

Recently I ordered invitations off vista print and thought the size your supposed to order was 5x7 but I actually wanted the 6x9... Was disappointing when they arrived and realized I ordered wrong size. I talked with Vista and they gave me a credit for the order and arranged my design on the new size. All I had to do was pay shipping and tax. They will arrive in a few weeks.

I ordered the invites a large amount in advance in case any mistakes or issues!

Have you made any mistakes and were able to fix them in time?

36 Comments

Latest activity by Kristy, on June 14, 2019 at 11:13
  • Kristy
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh yes! I would have stacked them thanks for the tip
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly gives it a little extra touch! I would think it would look nice, just make sure you don't stack right away to let them dry!

• Kristy
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya I think we will go for a stamp. We’re not to fussy about the invitations looking perfect so I think that will work just fine.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No worries! I don't remember seeing it. I would suggest stamping a date on it! Just so you don't have to call and even with me putting a date and the website a lot of people haven't rsvped and thought they would.

• Kristy
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought I already posted this but wasn’t logged in. Sorry if it’s a duplicate.

I forgot to put the RSVP by date on the invitation! Not sure if I should just stamp the date underneath or leave it and hope that people check our website. Any suggestions?
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes it was ! Vista print was very nice dealing with me and doing all that when they could have said your at fault not us. I literally have a box of 100 invites that are the wrong size sitting in a box in my car... I should throw out but keep until get the others

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww haha yea it happens! Glad you were able to fix it

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, that's quite the mistake. Glad to hear that Vista Print would arrange to have them re-printed for you.

My mistake was also with Vista Print. We ordered more save the dates than anticipated, so now we've got a ton leftover that I don't have the heart to throw away lol.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did online save the dates. We made them up in October 2017 for our wedding in July 2018. But, I put the date as July 7, 2017. Didn’t notice until my MIL pointed it out! Thankfully we were able to change it so anyone who hadn’t opened it would get the correct date. And we could see who had opened it so we sent them an email, trying to make a joke out of it!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww shoot! Yea thats not on your and glad it still works when googling

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh! glad you found out about it early in

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t really screwed anything up ourselves yet (knock on wood) ... but I’ve had places send me the wrong things. Or the best yet is I literally just sent out my invites with the details card about the hotel ... and the hotel called me two days later to tell me they are changing their name. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I mean when you google it, it comes up as the new name. And the phone number is still the same. We have update the website as well to say they changed. But I feel like it will still cause confusion for some guests.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I forgot to remove a section of our wedding website before sending out our save the dates. The section was incomplete, but I still wanted to see what it would look like 'filled up', so I wrote "This is where the important info nobody will read but everyone will ask about is located"

A friend, whom I hand delivered the StD to, noticed and gave me a heads up. I was able to remove the section before any of our guests got their mailed invitations.Smiley laugh

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! Good to know I’m not alone. I swore it was on there when I ordered them. So now I’m just using the ones with “rsvp by” for close family. We had to order some extra invitations and have double RSVPs so it saved some money!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have made several mistakes so far lol! First one we made was when we ordered our fake ivy vines from amazon I didn't check the size so we ended up getting a dozen vines with leaves the size of my face which would not work for our centerpieces. Thankfully we sold them and then ordered the correct sized leaves Smiley tongue

Then when I ordered our reception programs off Vistaprint when I had uploaded the design I didn't center it properly so when they came in they all had a white stripe on the side that I had to turn around and cut off of all 120 of them.

I'm hoping this is going to be the end of mistakes for me, at least all of these ones have been easy to fix.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered 150 invites even though I only needed 65.... OOOOPS! hahah and also forgot to add in a card about only wanting cash.. but we are using word of mouth for that since its mostly close family that will be coming they will be told we don't really want gifts so i guess that's alright!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly I could have left my invitations I just didn't like the size. My FH told me it looked fine and not to worry. But I know how his family will point the flaw out and didn't want to never hear end of it.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The programs! It probably doesn't matter... but I've tweaked many minor details, including music, since i had ordered the programs. I'm reordering because I'm just too A type to let the misinformation stand... I've wasted $40 on worse, so not too big of an oops!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This happened to me as well. Apparently it's a Vistaprint issue - they have had numerous complaints about this when a customer makes changes to font or colour. On mine the "RSVP by" showed on the proof but didn't when I ordered. Thankfully, Vistaprint's customer service department is excellent and they replaced the RSVP cards.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! Good thing they don't take up too much room!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad you didn't get charged for them!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Save the Date ordered got doubled but the payment only went through once, so instead of having an extra card, I now have 7o Save the Dates lying around lol!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad to hear! Hopefully people will respect your wishes

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly it's not like a sprung it on them the day of. I'm sure they have friends who could watch them. When I got rid of the curfew in a final screw it moment MOST people said they will still follow through with having their kids leave anyways, because they know that is what I wanted.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh see I think that time is far. I get that they don't want to leave by they more likely had a years notice to budget for a babysitter. The only kids that are invited are our nieces/nephews. Their curfew is by 8pm and we have made that clear since day one. We know how they are with their kids and we don't want to deal with that.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had it set for 9:15. My family on my dads side got really upset about it because they did not want to get a babysitter nor did they want to leave at that time with their kids.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Vista print was amazing when I explained it all too. I would always recommended them to anyone as I loved the invites that came in just couldn't believe how small they were lol But the quality was good!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh haha good thing for white out though! May I ask what time the kids curfew was?

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thats a good idea! I was thinking even though ordered wrong size at least have extra's if necessary! and honestly the last mistake more likely will work in your favor for people being on time haha

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure when we did our invites.

I was working through them on Vistaprint and was so excited that I confirmed it all and didn't realize the mistake until they came. On our RSVP cards there was a space in the middle where " RSVP by" was supposed to be.. it just said the date of our RSVP. I must have been moving around fonts and changing things and didn't move it back before I hit send. Contacted Vistaprint, explained the situation and they sent a whole new package free of charge!

Note to self double check everything before hitting confirm when ordering online! lol.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not exactly a mistake- but we ordered 150 menu cards to use as reception timelines on each place setting. This timeline included a kids curfew which we were always planning on having. Then my family threw a fit about it and to keep the peace we scrapped the curfew. This means however we have 150 menu cards with the curfew on them. White out to the rescue!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha honestly it took me a few times and talking with few people to get the right addresses for the venues. The handwriting I find hard too, I think something is an a but ended up being o the way someone wrote something

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics