Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Curious May 2018 New Brunswick

Wedding nightmares.

Brittany, on January 18, 2018 at 09:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
Ive been having the worst sleep. 128 days to go and im having nightmares. My dad not showing up on time, my mother ruining (literally trashing lol) my wedding, my wedding being that day and nothing is ready....anyone else have this problem?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Andie, on March 21, 2018 at 22:08
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! I still have over a year and their starting! Same types of things: Mom not paying attention during wedding, hair and makeup falling apart, being late and not being ready yet, my dress being two inches too short, the list goes on! Do you find your stressed during the day? I don’t think I but the nightmares say otherwise...
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup I’ve had them twice now! The first day I spent my morning so stressed out, literally none of my vendors showed up, I had no makeup on, and I was trying to decorate my venue before finally have to call it off! It was way too real. The second time, I had thought It was the day of and no one knew the order of walking down the aisle, I didn’t have my ring, and everything was super chaotic.. only to realize it was just the rehearsal and I was already in my dress in front of my fiancé... I do not need another dream like those, but I feel you. If anything they’ve given me a good kick in the ass to get everything planned haha
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is in 37 days. And thankfully no nightmares. do you think maybe your stressing to much about things you cant control?

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No nightmares yet and hope it stays that way. I’m pretty easy going person. My wedding is still over a year away so who knows what will happen when it’s say 3 months away. Good luck and try not to stress because in the end you will marry your best friend. Even if things happen that you didn’t plan on happening. Keep smiling.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just last week i had my first wedding nightmare. The ceremony went to crap! Nothing went right. I told my FH about my dream and he thinks something is internally bothering me. Im just worried about his family! Smiley sad ive had 2 more dreams since then, but nothing i can do about it. 138 days!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    None so far! *knock on wood*

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have already had 2 nightmares about my wedding and its not even a year away!! My flowers were wilted in their vases, the centre pieces looks terrible, my wedding dress was velvet green with spaghetti straps, I didn't have the guest seating... I woke up in a panic and sweating!

I hope that this was my last one, b/c they are terrifying! hahaha

• Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omgosh I love these dreams! Laughing out loud although it isn’t funny when it’s you! I had a dream last night my FH’s parents didn’t show up and we had to hold the wedding until they got there at 430! Our ceremony is scheduled to start at 2! Yes it’s definitely unpleasant to have stressful dreams!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm howling at the bees dream... too funny. Getting stressed out isn't though! Take some time for yourself, and your FH... bubble bath, couples massage, movie night? (not wedding themed!)...

When I used to go on harsh diets, I would have vivid dreams, waking up thinking I'd eaten a box of donuts or a tub of ice cream, and it took me a good 10 minutes to realize it was a dream.

Find something to help you unwind, and remember, it's not going to go perfectly, but it will be perfect!

• Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I still have 6 months to go and every now a then I will have these nightmares. My last one was not to bad. I didn't have a dress, and only half finished decor, but in the dream I remember thinking that all I wanted was to marry this man, the decor and other people just didn't matter. I hope the next dream I have I remember that as well.

You may also want to book some me time with some friends to get your mind off of the wedding. Take a trip, spend a couple day acting young and stupid, then come back to your responsibility refreshed.

• Natalia
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This made me laugh out loud! Omg!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think wedding nightmares are a normal part of things. Everything will be okay, and those things that don't go perfectly will just add a quirky thing to remember about your special day.

I am a person who gets nightmares about anything new/different (my wedding is 18 months away) so I definitely get where you're coming from.

Take care Smiley smile

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Every time I read this I start howling with laughter imagining that senario.

My fiance has a deep fear of bees so we certainly won’t be releasing any =P
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This just happened to me for the first time the other day.. we had to call everything off because all my guests were waiting for an hour, I had no vendors show up, and I wasn’t even ready. I spent the whole morning stressed because of how realistic it was ! 😕
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely! All the stress that doesn't manifest during the day attacks at night. This will come and go during the process but just remember that you have everything together and that no wedding ever goes perfectly according to plan.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have had some of these as well, they come and go for me. I think it's just all the stress working it's way out of my system because I have most things planned perfectly fine so far. Just breathe and know that things will work out in the end
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so funny! 😂
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have at least one wedding nightmare a week. I'm just scared of it not all coming together and about money (I've always been a worrier about money though). Plus I'm scared of my decorator and I have dreams about her not showing up!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I told my fiance about this dream and he laughed and called his dream self evil. Then he got all serious and said "Babe. I have to tell you something. I'm calling the wedding ON"

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I dreamed last night that my FH decided instead of releasing doves (which we are 100% not doing anyway) that we should release bees.. because he's big into 'saving the bees'.

I tried to convince him not to do it, but he did it anyway. It was a disaster to say the least.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had them all! Dad not showing up, dj not showing up, caterer not showing up, husband showing up in shorts and tee shirt, girls in the wrong dresses...the good news is that none of your dreams will likely become reality and everything will run smoothly, it's just your brain reacting to the stress of wedding planning. Just do your best to shrug them off and keep going!

• S
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol no worries
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry that last message was meant for the other stephanie!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Youre right it wouldnt be the most devasting thing- i mean you could wear your dress anyway right lol just shows how silly dreams are
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Youre right it wouldnt be the most devasting thing- i mean you could wear your dress anyway right lol
  • S
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just started collecting address for invites and have been having nightmares that no one will RSVP or actually show up on the wedding day
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had a nightmare last night that my fiance called off the whole thing! I was most devastated about not getting to wear my dress (which is when is stopped feeling real because that is not the thing that would devastate me most)

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been having nightmares too. A couple weeks ago, I had one 3 nights straight. And I just hit the 200 day mark... I feel like the next 6 months could be interesting...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics