Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2019 Ontario

Wedding night stay

Mary, on April 21, 2019 at 16:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hi beauties,
what have you planned to do for the night? Are you going to book a spot after the wedding for you or you are going to the place you are gonna live together?
I am thinking of renting a nice room at a hotel or just go to the condo we are supposed to leave!
Any help?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 25, 2019 at 20:28
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we will just come home but that might change since my FMIL thinks we should have a night in a hotel....maybe she'll arrange it.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has a hotel on site and the bride/groom get a king suite complimentary for their wedding night so we will staying there. Before we found this out we were planning on staying at a hotel close to the venue though. Something about going home right after our wedding felt strange to us.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The hotel where we had our wedding included a complimentary stay in a suite. We are so thankful for it because the dancing didn't end until 1:30am and by that time my husband was pretty partied out and drunk LOL. It saved us the hassle of having to go home or head somewhere else. If you anticipate your reception to end late and just want to crash somewhere, see if your venue has rooms or if you can get a place close by.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The hotel we're having the wedding at gives a complimentary suite for the newlyweds so we're staying there.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we're going to book a room at the moose jaw spa for our wedding night.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is a "resort" of sorts so it has a few cabins including one that is a two person suite that we will be staying in. We have the venue from Friday night until Sunday at 11AM!

I will most likely be in school on Tues/Thurs evenings so we won't be going anywhere right after our wedding anyway.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a cottage booked on the reception venue location. Its walkable and near by.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We stayed with our families and friends/wedding party at the same venue having the suite for picture purposes. For most guests being family and us arriving the same day and leaving the same day to make it easy and same room as we have been living together making it no difference to seeing what we are wearing.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually booked a honeymoon suite at a hotel for 2 nights after the wedding! We wanted a little get away and didn't want to worry about needing to make it out on time for check out. Just sleep in and relax for a whole day! Lots of room service hahah!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to a hotel. We actually booked two nights there. Glad we did because the first night we were so exhausted we just slept and then were up early for a brunch with our out of town guests. The second night is when we got to enjoy the jacuzzi!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are renting a room at a hotel in Niagara on the Lake. We live in Niagara Falls so we wanted something a little different and further from home
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked an air bnb for our wedding weekend. Its about 5 min from our venue.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be renting a room at a hotel that we are not recommending to our guests. We love so close to our venue, but we do want a bit more privacy and that specialness that goes along with a wedding night.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to return to our home! I don’t want to spend extra money for a hotel and our venue isn’t far from where we’d live anyway.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting a hotel room. As of right now, our plan is to fly out the next morning to Los Angeles, and since our venue is closer to the airport than our house, it wouldn't make sense to drive back and forth.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't live in the same province that we're getting married in. Besides renting a hotel room, we could stay with our parents, which isn't an option hahaha. So we've decided to rent a room for the remainder of our stay in our hometown after the wedding (3 nights).

The hotel we picked is different from the one our guests are staying at, just so that we can have a bit more peace and quiet.

I'd say, even if it's just for 1 night, I'd encourage couples to rent a room at a nice hotel. Just so that you're not back in your routine just yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics