Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Wedding invites

Keena, on February 2, 2018 at 10:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
FH and I had a list done up and we’re oretty happy with it.. Then the discussion of kids came up... How do you know which kids should be invited and which ones not? I think the wedding party kids should be and that’s it..?
His family is small so he can get away with inviting everyone but my family is huge and I can’t well we could but it would cost a fortune.
Trying to come up with something that’s kind of fair I suppose ...
thanks

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 2, 2018 at 18:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kids from the mail family should be invited if you choose. I personally chose include them sincd the family was all coming.

You can select which family (cousins or relatives your cloe to). End of the day, i say Family is family.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm setting an age limit for mine, my youngest sister is 13 so no one under the age of 13 will be allowed to attend. We have made an exception for our future niece or nephew as they will only be 1.5 month old and will still be breast feeding. So in total we have a 3-4 minors attending.

• Keena
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Keena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks by wedding party children I mean the kids that are in the wedding only ... Like my nice and nephew are in the wedding party and my ring bearer and flower girl those ones only I think
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can set up a 'cut off' in a couple different ways.

You could only invite kids who are IN the wedding. You could only invite nieces or nephews (like immediate family kids), you could invite no kids as well.

I would be cautious of the wedding party having their kids there... in theory they'll be pretty busy being in the wedding party with pictures and responsibilities, so it might be difficult to watch the kids too.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's fair to only invite the children involved in the wedding. When I was young, my brother was the ring bearer in a wedding and him, the flower girl, and I were the only children invited (I was only invited because my brother was involved in the wedding).

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Erin, setting an age cut off may help make things feel "fair" between families.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could restrict the kid invites to young children under the age of 3 or 5 who will definitely need care. You could also just restrict it to babies. Keep in mind that by inviting children it will likely mean that their parents will leave earlier or the children will need supervision.

Many people won't have an issue finding a sitter for their kids as long as they have enough notice. We didn't invite any kids to our wedding except our niece and nephews as there was no one to watch them at home and some of them were in the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics