Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 Northwest Territories

Wedding invitations

Ashley, on December 30, 2017 at 05:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
I plan to have my wedding sometime July/August of 2019, when would be a good time to hand out the wedding invitations??? Thanks

13 Comments

Latest activity by Sidni, on January 5, 2018 at 02:09
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married in July of 2018. We have just sent out the save the dates and we plan on sending out the invitations in April.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married mid-August this year and will be sending out Save-the-Dates in the next two weeks hopefully due to the popular time of year.

Wedding invites will go out late March, early April with a RSVP date at the of end of June.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest sending save the dates a year before and sending your invitations around 6 months before with an RSVP date 2 months before the wedding. This allows you to get most RSVPs in time and also to track down and contact the people who will inevitably miss the deadline. This also gives you ample time to get final numbers to your caterer and/or venue.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save the date is an advance form of letting family knkwing when your getting married.

The actual invitation should be around w months prior to get a reply and less chances if losing the information.

I had sent out the invitations 9 months prior. A lot of family had to ask for the invitation to be texted to them.
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is a great idea we as well have people we may not have room for 👌🏼 Thank you so much
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are doing save the dates, then I would suggest save the dates around January 2019 and invitations around April/May 2019.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in May 2019 so we will be sending our invitations out sometime in October 2018 and asking for RSVPs to be back to us by January 2019. If we fall below our minimum number required by the venue then we will still have time to invite the people that we unfortunately do not have the space for initially.

• A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay so save the date is kind of like “this is when the wedding is so start making arrangements to make it” the invitations are with the RSVP!!! I always wondered what the difference is
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually you can send out invitations along with RSVP which is what they send back either accepting or declining I find invitations and save the dates are the same usually theirs RSVP options with the invitations or save the dates
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank yo uso much I totally forgot it takes time as well for invitations! I’ll definetly start on those
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a july 2018 wedding.... We sent out the save the dates almost a year in advance in august. We wanted to just give people a heads up of the date because we have a lots of out of town guests who will need to book the time off and save up for flights. I sent my invitations out 2 days ago.(6months bedore the wedding).. I know its pretty early but i know guests were starting to recieve invitations for other weddings around the same time already and wanted to make sure that they comitted to my wedding first if there were any date conflicts haha. Also this is when i had the time to make the invitations and adress them all... Which took longer than i thought so glad its done!
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Woah woah woah. They're handed out separately? Hahahahaha. I thought they were sent out together...the invitation they had to send back and the save the date they keep. That's funny...back to Google I go!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think typically invitations are handed out 2-4 months before the wedding and Save The Dates are sent out up to a year before. But, it is your wedding so you can decide.

Personally, we did save the dates so people were aware and could make the necessary arrangements. Then, we will send out invitations in April for a July wedding, giving people a month to RSVP, and gives us two mo this to finalize numbers and tables.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics