Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Wedding Guest Book

Becky, on March 23, 2018 at 10:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 44

Debating if want the book or if want to do something more modern. I have seen multiple idea's people have done in the past. What have you used for a guest signing ?

44 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on April 19, 2018 at 15:58
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the Message in a Bottle and engagement picture puzzle ideas!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having a custom puzzle made out of wood which my guests will sign!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Message in a bottleWedding Guest Book 1

We're having a beach themed wedding, so we are having a 'message in a bottle' guest book. We're going to have 20 or so bottles, each labeled with a year (1 year anniversary, 2 year anniversary, etc) - people can then write a message, roll it up and drop it in a bottle of their choice.

Each year, on our anniversary, we'll open one bottle and read all the messages!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a book that people put their thumb prints in to make little people and sign a message.

851390628316b297a9e7332e9f797092--in-wed

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister had the frame from Michaels and then after they were married printed out a wedding photo to go in the center of it
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did my sisters through shutterfly. Mine is going to be done through their as well.
  • Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did they get it done?

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a very neat idea! The idea of wedding guest books just sounds dated and old fashioned. After the wedding it does in a box in the closet and to be honest, who is actually going to have the time to go through it and read everything. With something like this picture frame, you can hang it up somewhere special or display it!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazon has alot of great ideas!!!!! I saw signing stones! Guest sign the stones then place them in a vase or large bowl! I thought it was a fabulous idea!
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The other day I saw this kind of guest book at Wal-Mart
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all the suggestions! So many ideas now
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is from Amazon

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought a hallmark guest book. Customized pen from vistaprint site turned out great. Sign made up at home.

Wedding Guest Book 2
  • M
    Newbie August 2018 New Brunswick
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting one of our engagement pictures turned into a puzzle and having people sign on the pieces. I love the idea of making a tradition of putting it together on our anniversary Smiley smile

• Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Cherry! I have just asked to join the group on facebook!! Smiley laugh

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What bout having 2 shadow boxes? You can hang them on the wall side by side after the wedding. Another idea, get smaller shadow boxes, 5 or 6 of them. After wedding you can line them up the wall of the stairs. Smiley smile
  • Cherry
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am at Vancouver. I was lucky, I found mine at Facebook “Lowermainland Wedding Buy &Sell”. Michaels at US sells it. Check it out.
  • Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been looking for the frame with wooden hearts at etsy but after shipping it is almost 150 bucks as most I've seen comes from Europe. Does that sound right? Anybody in Vancouver that has found something similar locally?
  • Nikki
    Curious September 2019 Saskatchewan
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A traditional guest book would likely end up shoved in a box somewhere never to see the light of day again, and since we have no idea where we will be living in a couple years (yay for a career in academia lol) I don't want to put together a large canvas or other decorative item that we would need to haul with us. So like a few others here, I am planning on making a photo book. I want to include some pictures of us as kids, photos from our travels together, some engagement photos, as well as pictures of our dog. This way it can sit on the coffee table, be displayed on a bookshelf, and is easily portable and packable for moving purposes!

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is a pretty talented artist so he's going to paint a bare tree in a large canvas, and we're going to get our guests to sign the branches to fill it out Smiley smile Here's an example of one you can buy online.

My sister in law got a huge chunk of finished wood with their named and Wedding date etched into it. I wouldn't recommend this though. It's pretty but huge and clunky and you likely won't want it on your wall forever. Hers is still in my mother-in-laws house since her wedding lest September lol.

Wedding Guest Book 3
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea! I've also seen it with a bigger heart in the centre with the wedding date and couples names. But, I think with the amount of people coming, there won't be space left over!

• Brianne
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Brianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister used a photo book with all their engagement photos which was a big hit. I’m using a globe. It’s clear glass and the land masses are painted on in gold. I wanted something that I can see every day and appreciate it. I think traditional signing books get put on a shelf or in a box and never looked at.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Candace! Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I came across it on pinterest and fell in love immediately.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea my sister did something like that and turned out really nice haha completely forgot about it!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing a photo frame. We have an 8x10 engagement photo of us with thick matting around that the guests will sign. We will change the photo to one of our wedding photos eventually.

The photo I've attached is similar but shows you what I mean lol

Wedding Guest Book 4
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a photo book. My sister did one for her wedding and it now it is on their coffee table and they look through it.
  • Ashley
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw at Micheals that they have like a shadowbox with wooden hearts inside where you can take them out and have guests sign them, in their wedding aisle. I’m not sure what the price was for it though
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm still figuring out what i wanna do for guest book as well as i find signing on a book to be old school. I got two ideas:
    1) i got a photobooth, i would like 1copy for me and FH. Guest sign the back with wish / advice/ congratulatory. Then I'll have a photo album to put it in.
    2) I've seen a small wooden hearts Where guest sign it and they put it in a shadow box. Shadow box has fh and i photo in the background.
  • Cherry
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is very creative. If the shadow box is big enough, maybe you could put your picture inside on the background.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, store name is alphabetcanvas! Super good service and quick shipping. I just checked and they have a promo on right now!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen people create a guest book with their engagement photos. So it's like a photo album guest book. And people just sign around their favourite pictures. Check Pinterest too TONS of ideas. We are doing a polaroid guest book. Guest take a selfie with the camera and when it prints they sign it, leave a message and put it in the book.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics