Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Devoted June 2022 Ontario

Wedding favours that don’t suck

Laura, on November 21, 2021 at 10:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 44
Hi all,
I’d love to hear your wedding favour ideas or what you actually chose. I do not want anything that will just get tossed in the garbage or in the back of the cupboard. I was thinking something edible may be the best option. Thank everyone!

44 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on April 11, 2022 at 13:26
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing succulents! We are going to do a favour table instead of putting one at every place setting, which will save some money since we don't have to get one for every single person in attendance. We have some guests from out of province/country who won't want to fly back with a plant, and I know some families won't want to take one for every person in the group.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For wedding favors my fiancee came up with a very different idea ; we are putting together a cookbook of our favorite recipes (salads/vegetables, entrees, desserts & drinks) to be given to every guest/family coming to the wedding. As my fiancee likes to scrapbook she is doing the book design & covers and binding, while I am doing the photography and typing recipes. She has most of the materials to make the books already at hand so it is less expensive than buying more things as party favors.
  • Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing flavour olive oil for our favours. I come from an Italian family so I know they'll be used by at least half our family lol. If it's someone we have leftovers of we will use it ourselves so we aren't worried about loss. We found a great company to work with that going to produce them with customized labels as well.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We opted for donations to our local humane society. We have fur babies who mean the world to us(dog and cat) and the cat was a rescue from animal control years ago. He’s brought us so much joy and he was our first pet together- so we thought we would give back. It also helped us keep cost down as we could choose how much we wanted to donate and the humane society printed off cards for us to place at each table setting. Cheap and cheerful!
  • Furlanssayido2022
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Furlanssayido2022 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen a couple people do shots like the mini alcohol bottles with a little tag that says "Take a shot we tied the knot". Super fun idea. Maybe not the best if you have a lot of older crowd though. Smiley smile

• Kelsey
    Beginner January 2022 Saskatchewan
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a cookie bar instead of a cake or cupcakes- and bought little brown envelopes incase anyone wants to take some home! We also made little jar of homemade dijon mustard for everyone.

I do agree that edible is best!

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to do something a little unusual, so we decided on a 30-recipe cookbook based on our own favorites! As COVID messed up our date night options we took to experimenting with various dishes and cocktails. My fiancee is into scrapbooking and so she is doing the design and printing, while the recipes are taken from 3 of our favorite cookbooks as well as her family's recipes. We decided to include recipes from different categories including salads/vegetables, main courses, desserts, and cocktails. It will be a little expensive to bind them but we already have most of the materials, so we are saving some money as well.
  • C
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of kitchen towels from William Sanoma!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

...and with the vendor doing all of the prep work it is going to be time saver for sure! The other component I like is picking our own chocolates- we can go nut free or sugar free or a mix of all of them!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha! Oh yeah, it was so delicious too!
    Also, a family friend made it and we did not have to pay a thing, that was their gift to us! 😁

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a sweet idea - shame the photo doesn't work! I wouldn't mind leaving a wedding snacking on a cookie haha

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Was trying to add the photo, but I don’t think it’s working. 😭
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Laura,
    We did calendar cookies with our name and date for our favour. It was an amazing option for us, since we did not know what to do.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Obsessed with this! That is so cool that you tap your own trees!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My sister did a donation favour also - super thoughtful, i love this idea!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's such a cute idea! and extras definitely won't go to waste haha

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We just decided on a photo booth for favours also - such a good idea Smiley laugh

• Kelsea
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I make our own maple syrup at our sugar shack so we will be bottling some up and putting a label on it that says "Love is sweet" for our favours!

• Samantha
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're donating to a bully breed dog rescue as we have 3 fur babies , and at each plate will have a chocolate dog paw truffle and the tag will have our dogs picture on the back and the front will have a note thanking the guest and what charity we decided to donate to . We both agreed that more times than not people dont take the favours or keep them so why not give it to something that needs it and is close to our hearts

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a candy/popcorn bar! Our venue has two rooms: a larger ballroom and a smaller lounge area. Our lounge area will be the "Sweet/Salty Room" where our cupcakes (instead of a wedding cake) and a candy/popcorn bar will be. We'll have little bags for guests to put candy into and tie up so that they can take them home with them. We'll also have popcorn bags where guests can take some popcorn to munch on! My fiance absolutely loves popcorn and I love candy so we thought this was a cool way to incorporate our likes into a wedding favour.

• Sinead
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Sinead ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a mirror-style photo booth. We consider the pictures from that for guests the favours.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went to a wedding that have little jars of jam - also a great idea! Edible is the way to go.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Little chocolate boxes were my first instinct too. Simple, and many people will enjoy them.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! Coffee definitely won't go to waste even if some get left behind.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good to know! Thank you Smiley smile

• J
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    JoAnne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing little jars of honey something different

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are strongly considering having a 4 pack of chocolates, customized as we wish. The store will pack and label our order- all we have to do is pick them up and add ribbon if we wish.

• K
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing coffee for adults and hot chocolate for the kids. The coffee bags say "Love is Brewing" and our names and date and the hot chocolate bags say "Hugs and Kisses from the Mr and Mrs"
  • Taylyn
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, they are amazing!! I also ordered the wedding party custom tote bags
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that. Im also looking at wedding star for our matchbooks. Was it a good experience ordering from them?
  • Taylyn
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got decks of cards from wedding star
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message