Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cherry
Devoted October 2019 Quebec

Wedding favours for kids?

Cherry, on February 16, 2018 at 13:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hello, I need advise please. I am thinking of placing wedding favours on each tables for the guess next to their plates on the wedding day. I am planning to give bath bombs as favours. Then another questions came up. What about the kids? Should I also prepare favours for the kids and place them next to the kids' plates? Or can I limit one favour per family? And if I do so, where and when should I present the favours instead of putting them on the dinner tables? Thanks.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 20, 2018 at 15:21
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We made 1 favour for every guest who was an adult. We were going to put them out on the tables for the reception but forgot until later so we just ended up handing them out to people.

• Cherry
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Erin,

Thank you for the advise. If it's a family of 4 (Mom, Dad and 2 kids under 10), did you only give 1 favour per family? What about if they are couple with no kids? Did you give 1 favour or 2? Where and when did you present them with the favours? Thanks.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't make kid specific favours. I think it is a nice thought but not necessary.

• Athena
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Athena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm also doing a kids table - the younger kids will have a "loot bag" with crayons, a colouring book and toy - the older ones will have a puzzle activity book, pencil and a small brainteaser toy. Everyone one will be getting an edible favour and I've included the kids in that as well.

• Cherry
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the advises. Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A nice touch for kids to give if anything. Drink cup with pencill crayons or crayons, colouring book and some candy.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our engagement party we set up a kids table with puzzles , colouring books etc. They loved it and so did the parents Smiley smile

For my shower, the favours I put together for the kids I put a little place card it front of with their name on it on the place setting, so it would be easily recognizable.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was younger, my cousins made up little candy jars for all the kids and placed them at our tables. We loved it!

I think depending on the age, some of the children might still enjoy a bath bomb. And maybe a colouring book or activity book for the younger ones. I think you can just leave it at a place on their table, even if you aren't doing seating cards. People will move the favours around if they really want to sit there instead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics