Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Wedding Favours

Keena, on February 9, 2018 at 01:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
FH and I decided to do lotto 649 for wedding favour. I’m thinking one per household . Should I have another for children ?Any ideas? How should we hand the lotto tickets out?
Thanks

10 Comments

Latest activity by Keena, on February 13, 2018 at 03:29
  • Keena
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Keena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much ... I can’t take the credit though. Pretty sure I found the idea on Google or Pinterest
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a great idea! Love the creativity
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The envelopes with scratch cards for each household sounds good. As per tje children, a cup with crayons and colouring book wrapped in cellophane.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just a thought - an alternative to a lottery ticket (which is $4-5) and saying 1 per household, you could always just buy $2 scratch tickets and that way everyone could get one.

If this is done it would also work with putting them at the place settings to ensure everyone receives one.

For kids, I wouldn't get them tickets (you have to be 18 to "play" the lottery) but you could always make up a fun game paper sheet with blank tic-tac-toe, hangman and a word search so they can feel like they are playing too.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest putting the Lotto tickets in an envelope and addressing them to each individual or household. DO NOT buy Lotto tickets for children! I would give them some candy or something.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a cute idea! I would just have little envelopes on their tables of each household. And I wouldn't do the kids because (I hope no one would do this) someone may report it because they are not 18. But that would be just me taking the safe route.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could create a little card style holder, have the names on there and include the Lotto ticket inside.

I don't know if I would do a ticket for the kids as I don't think they can claim prizes anyway. I don't know if kids really care about favours but its great to have activities for them to do at the wedding!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd probably put one on each place setting so there isn't any confusion as to who should get one, and give the kids something else to play with, like an activity book or coloring book at their place settings.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest putting the tickets on the tables with a sign that says one per household. Or, you could even write the names on the back of each so they know to take it.

For children, I would suggest candy or a colouring/activity book with crayons or markers (depending on their ages)

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could place each ticket at the tables so they have them when they sit down. That way no one is fumbling to pick them up at the door or anything like that.

I would do something different for kids. I would say give scratch off tickets, but they still can't claim prizes even if they are fun to play. Maybe a small treat so they feel like they're getting a little something.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics