Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding excitement depleting, need a reboot

Marcia, on May 18, 2018 at 14:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hello Brides! Does any one else go through a roller coster of emotions? Where sometimes you feel super excited about your wedding, and other days you just rather not deal with any planning. I'm excited to marry the love of my life, but all the side stuff can be a bit overwhelming. ESPECIALLY dealing with people, their needs, expectations, and emotions on YOUR special day. Anyways I'm trying to keep positive spirits up and would totally love some suggestions. Happy books to read in the bath, funny wedding jokes (LOL), etc... I need to get back to feeling the wedding bliss, especially because it's wedding season! For some reason the royal wedding has me feeling like I need to be even more excited about my wedding (not sure why, maybe all media). I especially dislike when people ask me how wedding planning is going, because I feel like they would much prefer a lie over the truth (which I always say its going GREAT, couldn't be happier). When in reality, its stressful, expensive, and you may lose friendships. I know in the end it will all be worth it. I'm so close to the finish line I can almost feel it, but I have stopped caring about planning, especially the little details. Need a reboot! Smiley smile

Cheers!

Wedding excitement depleting, need a reboot 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jocelyn, on May 20, 2018 at 12:43
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im losing excitement b/c im missing my FH and my mom just keeps running her mouth constantly like it's her day. im SO fed up with the annoyance, it's driven me to tears- made worse with meghan & harry's wedding.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just take a stroll during the days to get some fresh air. Its ok to say you don't want to talk about the plans if you are feeling the pressure.

You are not alone for sure, i went through the same with huband at the time which he complained most of the time. I just replied by telling him to do what im doing and taking care of the payments. That answer got him to shut up overall. Don't feel overwhelmed from the planning, just know you are doing good and come far towards your day. Just keep calm and keep simple tasks and agendas to complete and take time for yourself with hobbies.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm ready for it all to be over! This weekend I'm working on my centrepieces and I wish I had chosen something easier! I just want to be married! I have enjoyed the process, but now it's dragging on!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm a roller coaster too, my wedding is over a year away so somedays I'm hella unmotivated. I think once it gets closer, all I'll have is wedding on the brain!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I watched a bunch lol I just went on Netflix and to the romantic comedies and started to watch the first movies I saw
  • Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad I'm not alone, its definitely a roller coaster. Will be worth it in the end! Smiley smile

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel you on that, its definitely good to take breaks and just enjoy being engaged for a bit. My FH has been real nice about it, but I know he's lost interest in all the planning/wedding talk.

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know that feeling! Thats a good idea, I'm going to watch some wedding moves to help re light the fire, which movies did you watch?

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad I'm not alone! I started focusing on doing other things, not consuming myself with some much wedding stuff!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a total roller coaster... I'll go a week or two where it's "wedding wedding wedding" non stop... I'm on this site every day, constantly talking to brides... then I'll go 3 weeks without even thinking about it really...

I am also still 8 months out, so I feel like there are quite a few gaps between big decisions right now, and as the things like, bridal shower, bachelorette, creating decor, building favours, etc start happening, it will become more consistently exciting.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find that taking time off from planning makes me excited to get back into it a few days later. Even with FH, I’ve been so into wedding talk that I’ve actively tried to tone it back and just enjoy being engaged for a bit.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we moved from Ontario to BC I was done. I said I'm not planning anymore, it's too much, I can't do it...I was defeated, not motivation and I just did not care. It took a while, but I find that going through my wedding binder, looking at my venue pictures, looking at my photographers portfolio etc, that all lifts my spirits. Sometimes watching a movie, and tv show about weddings helps too. Just kind of re lights the fire and I get super excited again.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in the same boat. I feel like I don’t care as much about planning anymore! I told my fiancé I’m passing him the torch lol honestly there’s so much to do and plan and you’re right it is expensive. I rather just have fun these last few months on not stress. I’m choosing to just roll with things now and not think about the wedding ALL the time. Soft ball started up and I’ve been busy at work so that helps! Even taking a break from my phone and wedding wire specifically really helps. I also had a girls night last weekend with my MOH and my bachelorette is next weekend so these are fun helpful ways to just relax and be happy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics