Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Wedding dresses

Christina, on February 8, 2018 at 20:59 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
Hello I'm just curious on if other brides are changing into an easier dress for the reception. ?I have been thinking about getting a wedding dress that is a two in one so I don't have to worry about a long dress and I can be comfortable throughout the whole night...

14 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 12, 2018 at 11:37
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVED my dress and never thought of either changing or adapting it. I wore it the whole day/night. I think this is a great alternative though if you feel more comfortable in a shorter dress. Keep in mind though that the style of dress you end up with may not be conducive to this adaptation.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sticking to the long dress all day. I can appreciate a two-in-one dress, however it’s not for me tbh.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of the two in one dress but I’m persknally going for a light easy dress for both the ceremony and the reception
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the look of those dresses! If you find one and fall in love with it, I'd say go for it! It would definitely be nice to have a second look without the extra weight of a long dress! Best of luck in your search.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That could be a great idea!

I purposefully picked a dress that is very light and comfortable so I would be happy all day in it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are super cute! I have heard of this, but I wanted to wear a long dress all day. I'm not a big dancer, so I was okay with just having a bustle.

• Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, I hoping I can find something like this.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those two in one dresses look amazing! I think you should go for it. They are a great idea. 👍🏼
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just bought a short dress to start with! That way i will be comfortable (and hopefully not too hot) all day Smiley smile
  • Christina
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for the comments.I never mentioned on getting two dresses that's crazy I'm thinking about getting a dress like the pictures.

Wedding dresses 1

Wedding dresses 2
  • Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am also getting a bustle added to my dress!

I honestly can't imagine buying a second dress, not only cost wise, but I absolutely love my dress!!!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will bustle my dress. I don’t want to take this dress off till absolutely necessary. I only get to officially wear it once so I’m making the most of it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm either going to aim for one with a zipper mid way so I can remove the bottom or get one with a bustle so I can just hooking it up and keep it out of the way. Definitely don't want to spend money on another dress plus it's going to be hard enough to find one dress I love since I'm so indecisive so I don't want to stress about finding two lol maybe you can find a dress that is what you love and also very comfortable for the whole day?
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress has a bustle for the train! That's an option too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics