Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?!

Amanda, on May 19, 2022 at 12:19

Posted in Wedding fashion 41

HI lovely brides to be! Let's talk wedding dress colors! While the white dress is the most traditional and classic, a touch of color on your wedding dress can make it quite unique and also look fabulous. What color is your wedding dress?! Bright white, off white, diamond white, ivory,...

HI lovely brides to be! Smiley heart Let's talk wedding dress colors!

While the white dress is the most traditional and classic, a touch of color on your wedding dress can make it quite unique and also look fabulous.

What color is your wedding dress?! Bright white, off white, diamond white, ivory, champagne, black... Or did you feel more bridal in blush or blue?

I'm not going with the traditional white wedding dress. I tried my dress on the very first time while in the bridal store and it was an off white and the white color didn't look so good on me. The dress came in 4 different colors so I chose the Ivory/Light Gold color. I'm so glad I went with this color option! This is my dress Smiley heart

For the brides that haven't started looking yet, do you have a vision of what color you are wanting?!

cfb_76081.jpg

41 Comments

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! 🥰🥰 really!! Haha we have similar taste 😊
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't been shopping yet, but if I find a dress with a hint of pink, chances that's the one I will choose. I keep looking at different options and I am torn. I also do not know what will look good on me as I am bottom heavy and petite on top. I'm scared to even try on dresses because of my shape, I can't wear one pieces, as the tops are always bigger because of my bottom half. Smiley atonished

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is mostly nude with silver beading and some ivory tulle! I almost didn't even try it on cause it looked dirty next to all the white/ivory dresses but the colour compliments my skin so nicely!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVEE YOUR DRESS!! It looks very similar to a dress I almost went with!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have no idea how nerve wracking it was! But now that I have the dress in that color, I'm so so so happy that I picked it! Thank you! I can't wait to have it back mid July. I just took it to get my alterations done on it!

Same! I love the look of trains! Mine has a beautiful train on it as well!

These so many styles to choose from it's crazy! I think that's a great idea to have a second dress that's simple but still elegant!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do whatever color you want! I think a lilac or pale pink wedding dress would be beautiful!

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness I could just imagine!! They didn’t have the colour of dress in store for a bridesmaid dress I was picking so I had to look at a different style dress in the colour and it’s hard to imagine!! So it would be nerve wracking doing that with a wedding dress!! But I do think it will look beautiful on you and nice with your skin tone! 😊

Thank you! 🥰 the train is definitely my favourite part! I’ve always dreamed of having a long train! 🤍
    Yes I think so too!! So many different styles now! I’ve recently seen more brides for 2023 go simple like no lace just white gowns and I think those are really beautiful too! I think I’m going to find a inexpensive version of that for a second wedding dress!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As an "older" bride I am a bit torn on this subject. I would love to wear white because it is the "classic" colour, however I am also seeing some beautiful dresses in lilac and pale pinks.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I absolutely love the color too! It was so scary not knowing the color when I ordered it though! I went off the color of another dress from the same designer but I still had crazy nerves until I got the dress in my hands. You just never know!

My underlay is gold! Underneath all the tool that you don't see is just beautiful! Smiley love

I just love your dress! Your train is gorgeous! Smiley love and the lace just around the edges is beautiful!

I think white isn't a popular color anymore not like it used to be! It's so nice to see such different shades these days

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the ivory with gold will be beautiful on you!!!
    So stunning!! 😍
    I also chose ivory but with a rum underlay! It makes the lace stand out compared to doing the traditional white dress! I’m my opinion 😊Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics