Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?!

Amanda, on May 19, 2022 at 12:19 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 41

HI lovely brides to be! Smiley heart Let's talk wedding dress colors!

While the white dress is the most traditional and classic, a touch of color on your wedding dress can make it quite unique and also look fabulous.

What color is your wedding dress?! Bright white, off white, diamond white, ivory, champagne, black... Or did you feel more bridal in blush or blue?

I'm not going with the traditional white wedding dress. I tried my dress on the very first time while in the bridal store and it was an off white and the white color didn't look so good on me. The dress came in 4 different colors so I chose the Ivory/Light Gold color. I'm so glad I went with this color option! This is my dress Smiley heart

For the brides that haven't started looking yet, do you have a vision of what color you are wanting?!

Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 1

41 Comments

Latest activity by Tara Jones, on September 5, 2022 at 16:10
  • T
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Tara Jones ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress was not white either. I had a white skirt with creaming top.

Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 2
    Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 3

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love love love!!!!

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m also waking down the aisle to across the stars
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh!! Love that you've incorporated star wars into your wedding !
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is diamond white with a black bodice and accents on the hem.

my brother and i picked it out while him and his wife were visiting and it was honestly the best experience ever!! the white ones just weren't it. but soon as i came out with the one with black my brother was speechless his wife was like yep this is you if i had to imagine you in a wedding dress this would be it.

i also incorporated star wars into my wedding style because well star wars.

and my veil has the empire and rebel alliance symbols in black sewn on to it so i cannot wait to wear this!!Smiley laugh

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great!! I'm sure you'll find the perfect one for you!!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I plan on it, My friend who's plus size has been modeling dresses for with love bridal and so far I am very excited now for my appointments.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!! I can't wait to wear it!! I should have it back from alterations in about a month today!!!

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look so beautiful in your dress!!!

I chose an ivory colored one! 🥰
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No prob ❤️❤️
    Haha it’s okay! We’re brides we worry 😬😬😜Literally gorgeous though! You can not go wrong with that dress.
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww... thanks Alyx!! You are definitely helping me be confident in the color. Ok...no more worrying..❤🙃
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely stunning !!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!?? 🤩🤩🤩 it’s seriously gorgeous, personally I don’t think you can go wrong that dress would match anything!!!!
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Alyx.. yes I agree completely. I do love with color for sure. This is my exact dress. It's Essence as well by Stella York. I do love it..I feel like my memory of the color is darker..my Mom says maybe...lol. Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 4

Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 5

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
    I always knew I wanted a dress with this kind of undertone I had been saving dresses for a long time before I was engaged 😆 but I particularly like these dresses because they make the lace stand out more! So I’ll show you my dress without the rum under it kinda looks boring in my opinion Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 6
    That’s my exact dress without it! In my opinion all wedding dresses match any theme or colour scheme you have! And at the same time your dress doesn’t really need to match anything. I chose my colour scheme which was going to be dusty rose and my “theme” which was going to be rustic. I was pretty sure I was going to get a dress like this or this exact one. I absolutely love madi lane. Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 7
    Then I changed my my colour scheme to all orange natural tones. This is my board so you can get an idea. So my theme turned into elegant and classic. With golds greenery and natural tones. Wedding Dress! White or Colorful?! 8
    The more planning I did I found out what I liked I’m glad I didn’t just choose on the first thing I saw on Pinterest, I studied a bunch of wedding photographers on Instagram to see what colours and scheme and styles I liked from peoples weddings to get a better idea, sometimes I feel like Pinterest is a bit outdated and there’s better photos on Instagram that you can save and make collections like Pinterest!
    Anyways so I chose my scheme and I probably did that 6-7 months before trying on dresses. I went to one boutique that I knew had the madi lane dresses,(all with coloured underlay) I tried them on loved them and was going to go with that madi lane like I showed you above, then just to see I tried on a form fitting essence of Australia and loved it even more! Now does it go with me “theme”? I don’t know but I’m not concerned about it haha I loved the dress and that’s all that matters!! Nobody will say wow her dress doesn’t match her flowers lol and like I said before like these wedding dresses are meant to match everything! They are white! So anything goes!! In my opinion Ofcourse !! If you love your dress that’s all that matters !! Don’t think too much about it! Am I able to see a pic of your dress! 🥰

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!!! I can't wait to finally wear it!!

This picture was taken 3 years ago when I picked it up after ordering it!. I can't wait to show you guys the final dress look after it's been finished altering next month!!!

• Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alyx.. your dress is amazing!! Curious...did you already choose your wedding colors before the dress? If so, does the rum undertone change your choices? I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I too chose a brownish tone under the lace...now thinking my colors I chose may not be suitable anymore. Thoughts??
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amanda you look amazing in your dress. I too wanted color...I chose ivory over honey.. kinda like champagne. I love the dress..hoping the color isn't too dark out of the bright lighting of the bridal shop.
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Carine, I'm the same and I ended up buying a fit & flare...I was shocked I liked it on me. Try everything...you may be surprised!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE!!! I'm sure the blue was beautiful on her!

• Brianna
    Curious March 2023 British Columbia
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My stepmom was an "older" bride and when she got married she wore a light blue dress! Super pretty!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh ya the nerves are being a thing, I want to lose weight for the wedding, but I just hate my body shape and there's so many pretty dresses. I am glad I booked 3 stores in one day lol. The time limit they gave me I felt was not enough time to try on dresses.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You will find one don't you worry! I defiantly had nerves as well when I started looking for my dress it's a big thing!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    THANK YOU!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't wait to see pictures!!! You're going to be s beautiful bride today! ❤️❤️
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm so glad too!! It's literally perfect!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! I took mine in 3 weeks ago! It'll be ready mid July!
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just got my final fitting done today 😁😁
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, guess the wedding nerves getting to me because it’s the only thing I can actually do now, the rest I have to wait until closer to the date to take action. But that was something I was always scared not having a dress for me and my shape, there’s so many nice ones out there.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
    I can't wait to see photos! Blue will be wonderful❤️
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Don't be scared! Try different styles and fabrics on so you can get a feel of what you really like and don't like and go from there. And don't judge a dress off of the hanger it might actually surprise you. Don't worry about your figure. There's a dress for everyone!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't wait to see photos! I'm glad you decided to try it on!
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gorgeous dress!

Mine is a light blue Smiley smile I’ve always been of the mentality that if you could add colour, why wouldn’t you, so I knew I wanted a blue dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics