Skip to main content
Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Wedding Dress After The Wedding

Marcia, on May 11, 2018 at 18:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 26
Saved

What will you brides be doing, or have done with your wedding dress after your big day? I know getting it cleaned is the first thing. But will you be preserving it? Storing it? or Selling it? I might be premature to ask, but I always like to think ahead LOL! I'm undecided on whether I should sell it, donate it, or preserve it for one of my grandkids

Wedding DressWedding Dress After The Wedding 1

26 Comments

Latest activity by Tatiana, on June 15, 2018 at 18:02
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    Thanks Erin
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

$150 is a really good price though it will also depend on the intricacy and detail of the dress if it's anything like other places. I think mine was over $200.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Erin, how much was this service? I want to do the same and David's Bridal offering to do for $150. Trying to see if this is a good price? Thanks!

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute

I'm losing a significant amount of weight, so I think I'd like to keep it to try it on again when I am smaller just to see the difference. I probably will have it used to make something else after that. Patchwork quilt, turn it into a stuffy (penguin for me), or have it completely redone into a short dress and dyed (my dress would work perfectly for this!)

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    I want to clean and store my dress. Any recommendations in Ottawa/Kingston area for where I should take it?
  • R
    Newbie July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Rachelle ·
    • Dispute
    Custom framed shadow boxes are beautiful
  • Gabbie
    Newbie June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute

My cousin saved her wedding dresses, which is a blessing to me since I will be using the one she used for the reception haha Smiley smile I will return it to her afterwards. She had hers cleaned and preserved.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute

I got mine cleaned and preserved.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute

I'm probably just going to keep it.

• Shelly
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    Mine will be donated to The Bride Project. They will resell it and the proceeds will go to cancer research. Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute

My dress is hanging out in a closet at my father-in-law's house! I don't want to get rid of it but I'm still not sure what I want to do with it Smiley shame

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute

I honestly don't know what I'll do with it. It took me 10 years to give away my high school prom dress, so I suspect I'll want to keep it for a while too.

It might stay at my parents' house at first, since I'm not really planning to bring it with me on my honeymoon.

• J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    What is that? Never hear of it.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute

Mine is still hanging in the closet downstairs.

Hasn't been touched since the day of the wedding, 9 months ago.lol

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    I think i'm going to sell it right away.... off like a band-aid!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute

So far I have kept my dress, and I am not ready to part with it just yet. I did the same for my grad dresses though and eventually ended up giving them away for others to use it. I am definitely getting it dry-cleaned and then probably keep it for a few years until I am ready to part with it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    I'll probably save my dress just based on the fact that I will have to alter mine so much that it would be hard to find someone who would want it - as well I just can't wrap my head around someone using "My" wedding dress.
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    I was going to keep it and possibly make something out of it. My unmarried sisters are different sizes. Friend might need it. Some people make lingerie. Might make a pillow.

Lots of possibilities
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute

I'll be dropping it off at a bridal consignment store! Smiley smile

• Rachel
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    I will keep it and put it away in a box, for my 3 year old daughter when/if she ever gets married. I think it could be an amazing family heirloom to pass on.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    I think I’m going to keep it. Not sure what I’m going to do with it, but I won’t be ready to part with it!
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    Originally I planned on selling mine but I’m 5 foot nothing and my fiancé thinks I should keep it.. so I think I’ll hold onto it and be that crazy wife that pulls it out every anniversary 😆
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    I’m short so not too many brides will fit into my dress! I might try selling it but chances are it will just sit in my closet for years until my fiancé (by then husband!) tells me to get rid of it!
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    Probably take it to a second hand shop...BUT only after our first anniversary....just so I can wear it again
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    I want to take it on my honeymoon and walk I to the oven with it! (Just half way up my shins not too far I've heard horror stories) Would make for some great photos!!
    And then I will keep it and use material from the skirt to make baptism outfits for future children!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    I’m selling it! Let another bride get a great deal on a dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics