Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Wedding Dress

Alexa, on January 29, 2018 at 16:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Should I be annoyed? My dress came in of November and my mom needs to the balance of the dress before Dec 10th 2017 or we would have to pay interest. My mom is paying for my dress. Well my mom couldn't go up to calgary to pay for it and pick it up until yesturday bevause that is ehen my famoly was going to my sisters vball tournament. She was supposed to do yesterday, and she texts me saying she is so sorry she couldn't pick up my dress and pay the balance because she had to bring my sister's friend with them to vball tournament and she wants to make sure when she picks it up it will lay on back seat so no damage comes to it. Now she says she can't pick it up or pat balance until Feb.24th. I am just annoyed because what happens if she tells me again an excuse why she can't pick it up and pay for it. I don't want her to pay interest on my dress but she keeps putting off paying/picking it up. Yet she is complaining my FH family is not paying for wedding and they can afford it more than my family can but yet she doesn't care we have to pay $300 in interest for waiting so long to pay the balance owing.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on January 31, 2018 at 16:22
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man, that's tough!! Can you have your mom or dad call in their credit card info to pay off the balance and then you can pick up the dress?

I'd also check with the store how long they'll hold the dress - maybe you can use that as motivation to get your mom moving Smiley shame

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can understand you being annoyed with her about this. I would definitely talk to her about it and voice your concerns!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am really sorry to hear that. I understand how confusing it must be for you to have to argue with your mother over this.

However i I think that if I were you, I would insist that she did it on a certain day and I would explain to her that it is really frustrating to me, it puts on stress and extra weight and it also costs a lot more.

Good luck!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is annoying to have to wait on someone else, and you do have a right to be annoyed. Unfortunately, since she is paying, I don't think there is too much you can do. If she knows she is going to continue to have to pay interest, it's her decision as to when she goes to pick it up.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If it's your dad's money, could you not have him go pay for the dress? Or get the money from him and go yourself?
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is actually my dad's money that she is using and I know he has the money I just don't know why she keeps procrastinating on getting it. Only reason why I accepted money to pay for dress is my dad wanted to be traditional and pay for my dress
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sucks that this is happening but knowing that your mum has a bad financial history, was this really a wise idea? I agree with what Jen said as well. I hope you get it soon and that the interest doesn't put anyone into too much debt.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is definitely annoying, especially when you want to get things rolling. However, if you have to max out a credit card to pick up a wedding dress you should have maybe rethought your finances prior to planning a wedding. You should have ensured that there was cushion money as a back up plan in case something like this happened. Please don't take any offence to this.

• Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I could pick it up but I would have to max out my credit card to pay for it and in the past my mom has been terrible at paying me back and not good with money. When I was working full time sometimes I would have to give my mom my full paycheck so that she can pay the bills. and now she is going to mexico for the week and don't want to bug her about it. Just annoyed because she told me this at 5:55pm the day she was supposed to pick it up. She could have told me in the morning so I wasn't waiting all day to hear how picking it up went

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you able to pick it up, or ask someone else to pick it up on your behalf? You can then always worry about reimbursement from there.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is annoying - I'm sorry you have to go through that.
    Are you able to pick it up and have her reimburse you? If so, I say you talk to your mom, explain that it's causing you extra stress and offer to pick it up and have her reimburse you at her earliest convenience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics