Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Wedding Details: Wedding Website

Holly, on September 17, 2018 at 17:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hello ladies & gents!

I thought it would be fun to talk about wedding websites. They are definitely not a wedding must-have and they are definitely not for everyone but I personally love them! I think they are great to keep out of town guests and/or guests you don't see or talk to often in the loop about your wedding! With us, it is perfect because we live in BC and all our family and friends are in Ontario, so it is so much easier to have all the details in one place for them to have full access to whenever they want. This also saves everyone from unnecessary phone calls etc. We just don't have the time to call or message each confused guest with details of the wedding. Plus we have our RSVP on the website too! Which I love because it saves paper, postage and it so much easier to do.

Let me tell you a bit about our website. We used Wix: https://www.wix.com/. Its a completely free website creator, you can purchase premium domains and what not but no obligation. We just stuck with the 100% free option. You can choose from hundreds of templates or you can do it all from scratch. It has a super easy edit mode so even if you aren't super creative or good with computers (like me) it will be a piece of cake! On our website, we were able to create an event, which then allows you to add an RSVP section. You can keep this page hidden until you are ready to receive your RSVPs. We were also able to link our registry, which is our honeyfund PayPal account. There are so many cool features you can have and play around with or you can just have it simple. We have it pretty basic, homepage, wedding page, guest page and questions page. On the wedding page, it has info on the venue, timeline etc most of which are hidden until after the invitations are sent. On the guest page, it has info on possible hotel block and transportation. On the questions page, are just some questions guests may have and our answers!

Here is a little look at our website!

Login ScreenWedding Details: Wedding Website 1

This part is super cool, you can lock the website so only those with the password are able to login. This is awesome to keep your privacy.

HomepageWedding Details: Wedding Website 2Welcome!Wedding Details: Wedding Website 3

The menu bar is along the top, it also has drop-down options when each main page has subpages.

Edit ModeWedding Details: Wedding Website 4

Edit MenuWedding Details: Wedding Website 5

As you can see in the Edit Menu picture there is a little symbol on a few options that is an eye crossed out, this means it is not visible to guests yet.

Well, that is my website! Now let's see or hear about yours!! Did you also use Wix? Did you just stick to the Wedding Wire one? Maybe you used a different site. Let us know! Maybe post a few screenshots of your site or if you're willing even drop us the link so we can fully check it out!
Looking forward to seeing some awesome sites!!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on April 21, 2020 at 19:09
  • Jessica
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your website looks great! I'm curious, how did you handle the RSVP section for invitations with multiple guests? Did you have multiple fields for people to input their plus ones? If so, did you have anyone adding plus ones even if you didn't offer them?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute! My fiance worked on ours. He was super excited about it! We didn't password protect it and did have a few spam RSVP emails. But, besides that, it was a great place to post information for our wedding!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same with my fiance! That's why we decided to have it password protected, just to be safe!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one too! Since we don't have regular contact with our guests and we can keep them in the loop. Ours is password protected to since my FH is in law enforcement and doesn't want certain people looking at it.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks - I really like it; it fits our beachy/tropical theme well. I'm so glad you said it's easy to navigate - that was one of my big things! I thought it was, but I was waiting for someone else to confirm it!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad this could help you!! Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had actually used Wix for a project in college so I had the experience with it. When I started to read about wedding websites it was the first thing that popped into my head. It just has so many more options and ways to be creative I find and then if you want to upgrade and get your own domain and such you can do that too! I definitely suggest just making a wix account and messing around with it to see how you like it.
  • Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have mine ready to go as well, I just did it on wedding wire for simplicity purposes. I think it's definitely worth the investment for us, we both have out of town guests and I'm setting up hotel blocks and a "what to do in halifax", the rsvp is on there as well, in my country we don't really have post mail so I'm hand delivering my side of the invites and there's some going to Sweden and Spain, it's just easier for them to do the rsvp virtually, and it helps me keep track of everyone.

We're also sending the save the dates virtually.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding website is just staring and I plan on sending it out with the save the dates which I will be doing online. I chose to do it on wedding wire though as I didn't see much difference between sites - what made you decide to go with Wix instead of on here? (Just asking in case it is actually better and I'm all for an upgrade!)

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just over a year out and have been toying with the idea of a wedding website. I think this is just what I needed to see.

Thank you
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So far so good! I really like what you have and once those engagement photos go up it will really bring it all together! Super cute!!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://sayi.do/alexandraandbrandon

This is the rough version of mine. We’ll be purchasing a domain in a couple months (I don’t want to purchase more than a year if it’s not necessary. We’ll also have photos on there after our engagement photos on Friday! And we still have to decide on a hashtag! I love the built in RSVP feature. It makes families much easier to rsvp and it’s just super easy to use.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Excellent idea to know about when planning the website for wedding info. Indian weddings are so huge that more and more couples are going this route.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your site is so cute, I love it! Loved your wedding party page, we also did this, nice little description of the person and a picture.
    Your site colours and designs were beautiful, and it was super easy to navigate! You did a great job!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love my wedding website - I built it through Minted. They have a free option with a numbered link; I chose to pay the annual fee (something like 60&dollarSmiley winking and had a custom URL. You can see it at

www.peggyandjared.com

I am able to update things as they happen (hotel blocks, etc); it also allows for RSVP's for each event through the site.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics