Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Desiree
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Wedding Decorations must haves

Desiree, on September 10, 2020 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Just trying to get a better idea of wedding decorations that are a most have and what ones should I skip? trying to keep it simple but not super plain and boring.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 6, 2021 at 10:49
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

It's just a wood plank that we got at the hardwood store. We stained it the color we wanted. And then the wording is just a water resistant lettering that we found at Michaels. That's what took the longest was getting all the letting perfect and straight.

• A
    Newbie May 2022 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How did you make this? It's amazing!

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have purchased sola wood flowers that i am dying myself....i have so many plans in my head...just nothing set in stone yet. I have a year though
  • Paige
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I've got a couple of signs to have around our venue, my fave being the Our Story: The First Day, The Yes Day, The Best Day, with our information below each. Ive also gotten a customized wedding hashtag sign that I love (Vistaprint) for our tables, we aren't having any real flowers, but I am making an Autumn look on each table that will include artificial sunflowers, leaves, acorns, wood slices, candles and ill be adding some small real pumpkins. I think there needs to be something on the table for sure, big or small, and it doesn't need to be anything crazy expensive either, They have cute lanterns at the dollar store that you could spray paint to match your colours

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I knew we wanted a sign for our ceremony letting our guests know that we weren't allowing cell phones and cameras until reception. That was a must for us, we didn't any of our pictures to have people having their arms up with cell phones or cameras in their hands.

Wedding Decorations must haves 1

• Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have centre pieces covered , trying to think do you really need stuff to Decorate the aisle, what other tables Should be Decorate 🤔 ,
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did keep the décor simple and elegant with water beads per table with LED lights in vases. Floral ball on top to give the height. I don't have the picture to show though it did look nice.

My cousin went out the other way and it was beautiful set up to give an idea of the picture.

Wedding Decorations must haves 2

• Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing relatively limited decor. Loose greenery on all the tables, lots of candles and votives. We are getting married in an orchard so we are playing off the venue greenery and keeping it simple.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a ton of candles. I love candle light and I can sell the glass vase/holders when we're finished.

I think it can depend on your taste and the space. If the bones are good then simple isn't plain it's classy and elegant.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think centerpieces are a must or else your table will look very empty but they don't have to be anything elaborate, especially if you have a lot going on the table like breads, dips, wines, etc. I've seen them as simple as a single rose in a thin vase. If you have family style dining, you can get away with smaller centerpieces since the middle of the table is used for service.

Your space will determine how elaborate your decor needs to be. We're sitting in front of a floor to ceiling window so that eliminated the need for a backdrop compared to most banquet halls where it's a plain white wall. But if you're having your reception in vintage or classic spaces like old hotels with decorated walls and nice pillars, you really don't have to do much.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had very limited decor. I did centrepieces and last minute flowers on the arch but that's it. I don't remember decor from anyone else's wedding so figured it wasn't that important for mine.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say a decoration must-have is signage. No matter what, you need to get messages across to your guests like who’s seated where or where activities like guest book signings, favours, or photo booths are in the room. It’s so easy to get the signs you want and affordable through an instant download and put into cute but cheap frames!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics