Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Wedding Dates Veto'd?

Tori, on April 22, 2019 at 15:56

Posted in Before the wedding 68

Hello wonderful wedding wire community! As the time to send out our first wave of invitations is coming around, we are still getting quite a few people asking us why we chose the date we chose (October 5th 2019 - engaged since December 30th 2017)! For me and my FH we had to go through a process of...

Hello wonderful wedding wire community!

As the time to send out our first wave of invitations is coming around, we are still getting quite a few people asking us why we chose the date we chose (October 5th 2019 - engaged since December 30th 2017)!

For me and my FH we had to go through a process of elimination. So first we decided it would have to be in 2019 as we were looking to buy a house in 2018. Then we were on to seasons. He veto'd Winter, and I veto'd Summer (he doesn't like the winter look, I don't want to sweat buckets at my wedding). Out of the 2 season left, Spring is more unreliable so we decided on Autumn Smiley smile (Example, just last a week or two ago it was snowing.... but prior to that it was like 15 outside!!!) Any way, then it was a matter of avoiding holidays and other functions and we ended up on our date Smiley laugh

cfb_45555.jpg

My big question for everybody is:

Where there any dates that either you or your Fiancé(e) veto'd? And why?

If not, then how in the world did you both agree?

68 Comments

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is pretty much how we came to a date too! I did not want to do summer as I don't want to be sweaty all day. It rains a ton here in the winter/spring. So we decided on fall.

Then it came down to the dates. The first couple of weeks of September are hectic. Labour Day, back to school. The following week was my brothers birthday. The week after our wedding is FH birthday. So we basically had no choice but September 23rd lol. It's nice though, still chance of 15-20 degrees that time of year AND we got off season prices which was a huge factor as well.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have any specific ones we veto'd...we did change our date after initially picking it though.

We were going to do a destination wedding, and the ceremony was going to be on April 1, 2019. But when we decided to not do a destination, and April 1 was on a Monday, we switched to the next best date: May 4, 2019 (which happened to be a Saturday). We're big Star Wars geeks.

It also happens to be his mom's birthday, as well as the birthday of 3 other wedding guests, so we have birthday cards to put out at their place settings.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH did something similar to you. We started by choosing a year (2020) then a season. We decided on late summer/early fall as 95% of the guests are going to have to fly in or drive a good distance and that's when the weather is best. Veto'ed October as between our family and holidays every other day someone is celebrating something....lol. We kept a specific date out of until we picked the venue and did Sunday instead of Saturday as it was half the rental cost.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have any dates that we veto'd...we actually decided to choose our wedding date based on our venue.

We figured we would find a venue we loved, and then see what their available dates for 2019 were, and go from there. Ideally we wanted something anywhere from May -September....our venue had one date left on the last Saturday of April, so we took it! It worked out well because I am impatient hahaha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics