Follow >>Our first date

158 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on March 16, 2021 at 12:14
  • J
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my parents front yard 2 years ago when he came and picked me up for our first date ...... His best man actually set us up and it was ****% love at first site I moved in approx 1 month later and now we are trying the knot ❤️
  • Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At a bar on my 19th birthday 8yrs , embarrassed to talk about but here we are getting married
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at his place for the first time in person as he was looking for a roommate and I was looking for a place to stay. I showed up to check out the apartment and he wanted to ask me some questions.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met working at Wal-Mart when I was 16, we were not very close. I quit and went to University out of province and he quit as well. Fast forward 3 years and I moved back home and he also ended up at Wal-Mart again. We have been together ever since.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My parents met working at Canadian Tire! they have been together just over 30 years now.

• Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in high school, he was actually dating a friend of mine. I never spoke to him besides "hello" and then proceeding to talk to her. Flash forward... 4 years go by I had moved away and wasnt in contact with my old friend since high school, anyways, it was middle of winter, and I had just moved back. I was parked at a grocery store beside another friend just chatting and he went to pull up beside me and almost ran into the back of my vehicle trying to impress me with his drifting haha. Idk if it impressed me but it definitely was a good starter conversation.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in college. Same program, same classes

• A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chatted online and he was pretty persistent about meeting in person. I finally agreed and we met in a store, I literally walked into him!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met through mutual friends as part of a brother/sister school connection.

We didn’t reconnect until 2013 via fb and started a long distance relationship for a couple of years.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in a club where he works part time at the moment as a bouncer. I was out with my roommates for 1st week back to school. He bump in to me while he was tending to a fight of some sort. After the club, he went looking for me and apologize then we fell in love and now Were getting married.
  • Christine
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on a blind date November 23rd 2013!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At work, we met a Dennys

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online through chat site october and net one month later november 2013. He travelled all the way from Alliston to Oakville to spend time with me every day. 6 months later, i moved up north to Alliston making a huge change of donating books, clothes and throwing out anything unneeded out. I went from a basement apartment to a trailer.

In a way, he proposed knowing I like rings and saw i have snall fingers. He asked me to try 2 of them he had and the rings fit perfect. You could day that was his way of wanting to be with me from that day onwards. Our path was started rocky and his temper didn't help. Overtime, he became better with hjs attitude.

One thing he didn't know was that i had allergies all year round which he couldn't deal with in the beginning. He learned what i suffer from and asked what he could do to help. My health was not getting better and it progressed to being worse, ashtma kicked in. This occured during rhe night when my chest felt compressed pressed. He took me tonthe hospital when i was in bad health and always there for me.

April 2016, my hubby realized he wanted to take my family name and get married to me after we weren't ready beforehand a year before. He chose and convinced to elope. I wanted an small wedding and he also said ok after thinking about it.

3 3/4 years later we became husbands and in November 2017 he officially changed his name.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    College! We met outside a church they were handing out hotdogs on the way to the bar. But we talked more and he helped me with some classes.
  • Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school but never talked to each other.

It was right after high school at a friends party, we saw each other and it went from there! Smiley smile

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Online and we hit it off immediately
  • Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I saw him first at school but he noticed me only at an extracurricular activity. I fell in love with him since then.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We worked together at Canadian tire!

• J
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend brought be to her cadet valentine dance back in 2007 and since I was so shy her sister asked people to dance with me and he was the one to keep dancing with me.
  • Leanne
    Beginner September 2017 British Columbia
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on facebook in a group called Lezbehonest. She posted once that she wanted to go on a vacation but didn't know where. I suggested that she come to Canada and she said okay. She did, she showed up in my village in the middle of nowhere when my family was hosting a potlatch. So she got to meet all my family in her first meeting with me.

• Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was headed to work with a mutual friend, but we stopped at a restaurant and she was eating there with a couple of friends. I was poking fun at our mutual friend and it kinda took off after that.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Tinder actually! But the first time we spent time together was at a bar here in the city. We met for a drink where he brought along a friend who ended up sitting in the corner playing on his cellphone the whole time.

• Alanna
    Curious November 2017 Alberta
    Alanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met for the first time at the pool when he came to visit his cousin, i was waiting for my brothers to finish their swimming lesson. Two years later he moved to town and we started grade 10 together. We didnt actually start dating until we were in grade 12 in 2005

• D
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Destini ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met outside of his house I was with a friends of his and she introduced us and I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him. We started going out that night and now we are getting married in a year!
  • Shiyrah
    Curious September 2017 Manitoba
    Shiyrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At a stampede through mutual friends
  • Aixa
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Aixa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work
  • Jamie
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in our college program 😊
  • A
    Beginner September 2017 Quebec
    Alisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I moved to a small northern village for work and met my soon to be husband within a week in the hospital parking lot.
  • M
    Newbie October 2017 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at the drug store we worked at.

• Chelsey
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online, then went on our first date a week later. First for coffee then a movie Smiley smile

• Audrey
    Newbie December 2017 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We first met at church! He was a higher in the church helping out and I came in and he was the first to talk to me. But that church didn't work out so we separated and about 10 years later we needed up working for the same corn crew! Again he was a higher up checker and he again approached me and we started things off!
  • Janie
    Beginner June 2018 Quebec
    Janie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in Quebec city, when he was in vacations!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics