Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Was it tough to choose your colour palette?

Joey, on June 26, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

Did you know right away what colors you wanted for your wedding? Or was it difficult to finalize your choice? What colors did you choose?

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 1

Photo by Pastel Dress Party in Toronto

26 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 1, 2018 at 10:10
  • Stephanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a hard time deciding... My fiancé dropped the bomb by saying he was going to wear a kilt. His family tartan was out of the question (red & green) Hello Christmas!! We agreed on a navy kilt so our colors will be dusty rose and navy blue.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It wasn't difficult to choose the colours as the it was modern black & white/touch of red and vibrant colours to add to each table centerpeices.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally! Pinterest is the devil for that sort of thing. My palette has changed with the seasons, until we got our venue and date figured out. Now that we have that set in stone, it was easier to picture my colour scheme and "theme".

• Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is very similar! I had a hard time narrowing it down too, but I always knew I wanted greenery and that dusty sage colour. I wanted to do mismatched bridesmaids,
    so our palette is similar to yours but then I’ve also incorporated shades of dusty blue
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't call it difficult, but it's definitely a surprise. After all the years of day dreaming about my wedding, and the different seasons and colour schemes, I always thought there would be more colour involved...

Now we are having a formal Winter wedding, and essentially our "colours" are black, white and silver... with the bridesmaids in navy blue, and lots of rustic/woodsy accents (pine cones, wood beams, twinkle lights)...

We were originally going to accent with royal purple, but that decision was based off of what accent colour my groom wanted on the guys/himself. He preferred navy blue once he saw it in person.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at all! The colours were the one main thing I knew I REALLY wanted in my wedding for a looooong time! Blue/Purple galaxy orchids are my FAVOURITE and are the focus in my bouquets! So all colours based around them! Fiance was fine with this!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like the look of blue and orange together so that’s what I went with. My fiancé was fine with me making most of the details decisions myself.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a really hard time picking our colour palette. We ended up with mostly white, grey neutrals and greenery. Similar to these colours:

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 2

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was easy to choose my colour pallets. I kind went all over the place with my colours. Neutral, white, blush, rose gold, gold, biscotti, sparkle, and bling lol.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our colour palette was actually inspired by our venue. Since we're essentially getting married in a greenhouse the main colour had to be one that could compete and compliment a lot of greenery. We chose Cobalt Blue so that it would stand out amongst all the foliage. I've been spending the last couple months finding blue glass pieces to put throughout the venue.

Our secondary colours are gold and ivory - the gold to add a bit of sparkle and the ivory to tone it down a little.

Cobalt Blue InspirationWas it tough to choose your colour palette? 3

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really. We knew right away that we're doing a PlayStation themed wedding. From there it was just a matter of research.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was a slight toss up between teal and violet and teal and coral. When we decided to have the wedding in the fall, we went with teal and purple

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 4

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a few colour schemes on Pinterest and I asked my fiance which one he liked best. He chose one, and that's what it was.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really, my hubby just said what about blue and gold and i thought wow yes love those colors.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little bit. I knew I wanted a lighter blue with white and silver accents but I went back and forth on the blue colour and ended up with Tiffany blue!

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got the idea of royal blue when I saw my fiancé wearing it and thought that it suited him wonderfully. Since it also suits me well and fits with the church decor, our choice was made quickly.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a beautiful colour scheme, and among my favourite of the ones I've seen. Nice job!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at all; my fiancé and I wanted something timeless so white and gold was a given as the combination won't ever be "tacky," and works with almost any venue.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sort of, but not really? Blue has ALWAYS been my favourite colour, ever since I was a little kid. It fit naturally once we picked our theme (Beachy/tropical). I never have to fight my fiancé on colours for anything because he is completely colour blind (seriously only sees shades of black and white, no colour at all!), so I had free reign to pick our colours.

Caribbean blue, sandy tan (paler than below but you get the idea), white and silver!

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 5

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our colour scheme kind of just fell into our laps. We are having out wedding at an Italian restaurant, and the decor kind of dictated our colour choices. We chose eggplant/plum purple, gold, and we are having greenery and some very small white floral with greenery on our arbor.

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was SO hard for us! But we settled on this.

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 6
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really. I always knew I wanted red bridesmaid dresses so the other colours we based off of our invitations which were navy blue and soft baby pink.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s incredible difficult to choose my colours! Right now I’m basing it off of my FH. He’s difficult in the sense that he’ll let me pick everything out, but if he doesn’t like something, he’s going to speak up.
    Right now I have to figure out our centrepieces, then the our colours will revolve around that.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little bit but nothing Pinterest couldn't help with! We both wanted our favourite colours (teal and purple) but didn't want the wedding to look like a kids party or a peacock had thrown up - which was most of the pictures you found when searching the internet. Eventually we found the colour palette of:

Teal, Blood Orange, Plum, BurgundyWas it tough to choose your colour palette? 7

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was difficult to choose our colours. We often switched between two completely different patterns. Then we opted for something that was more romantic.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our palette was inspired by purple clams we saw on the beach on vacation in BC. That part was easy but it became a challenge when I started to flesh it out on Pinterest- there were so many options/variations! We’ve settled on a lilac/lavender sage/rosemary colour palette, which is serendipitous bc my FH’s favourite colour is green and mine is purple.

Funnilly enough recently when speaking to my mum about our plans she mentioned that she thought our wedding colours would be lilac and green - the same colours we’d settled on but hadn’t shared with anyone. So it’s nice to know we’re on the same wavelength.

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 8

Was it tough to choose your colour palette? 9

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics