Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Was it easy to agree on your budget?

Joey, on January 8, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Setting a budget is one of the very first things most planning couples do. That needs to be settled before nearly every other wedding planning choice. Was it easy to decide yours? Was there much negotiation needed? How did you manage to come up with a budget that made everyone feel comfortable and happy?

Was it easy to agree on your budget? 1

Photo by Cameron May Photography in Calgary

13 Comments

Latest activity by Summer, on January 12, 2018 at 19:53
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Easily agreed on a budget of 10,000 with a max of 13,000
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There was no dispute on the budget as i was the one to take care of all the planning and spending.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We wanted to save all our money for our honeymoon!
    But we are both pretty laid back people and we cut a lot of stuff out of the wedding to make it that cheap..
    No limo, no cake, no DJ, self catered, venue is a backyard, cheap dress ($250), no tuxs (dress shirt and suspenders instead), minimal flowers, minimal decor and what we do have is all DIY... So itll be a very non-traditional wedding... More of a giant backyard party really, but its exactly what we want Smiley smile
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's amazing!! I couldn't imagine doing a wedding for that many people and staying within 10,000$. Definitely my hats off to you guys! We have 45 people and in the end our wedding will be ****$.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We set a weekend aside and set a max budget, then worked backwards with all the little things that were a must have and the ones we could leave without to make our numbers work for us. So far we have been pretty good at sticking to it (fingures crossed)

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We easily picked a budget (we are super cheap people!) but blew that budget super quick and had to double it. Really its been discussions on more of an item by item basis than a whole wedding thing. We cut anything that wasnt nessessary from the wedding and everything else we are just trying to get as good a deal as we can. We are hoping all said and done to keep the wedding below $10,000 which is hard with a guest list of 180, but so far its looking pretty good.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We settled our budget fairly quickly. We knew how much we could save each month from when we got engaged until the wedding and that’s what we went with. We are currently a little over budget, so we will have to see where we can save and see if we can find a little bit more money from somewhere.
  • Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All sets of parents included, we were given $12500 to spend on the wedding. We’re both coming out of debt so our goal is to stay within this amount.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we ever had the budget talk.. just sort of said, these are the things that are important to us and a fair price for them and worked backwards from there.

We also cut things that didn't matter to us.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We settled on a budget very quickly, even though I warned him right from the beginning that the number he was set on was not going to work out lol turns out I was right and our number has had to increase $10,000.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We settled easily! We both knew we didn't want to break the bank but still be able to have what we want. We have a lot of help from our family too meaning our budget will be easier to stay within.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We settled on a budget pretty quickly and easily. We knew that we didn't want to go into debt over the wedding so we discussed comfort points and we both were on the same page.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had settled on a budget. Then talked with friends and realized we might have to raise it. Then, when we found our venue, we had to raise it again because they do not offer a cash bar, so we had to add in cost of alcohol. Overall, it's still a reasonable budget. We won't be going into debt over our wedding, and I won't have to dip into my house savings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics