Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Visited my venue again!

Stephanie, on January 6, 2018 at 15:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

I went back today to visit my ceremony/reception venue and fell in love all over again! I was starting to wish we had shopped around a little more before deciding but today I remembered why I wanted it!

They have changed the menu, so now we have more options to choose from. And, we are scheduled to go in for a tasting next month which is super exciting!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on January 8, 2018 at 15:17
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to a Christmas party in our venue space last month and all I did was pick it apart lol I really wanted a different room in the venue but it was too big for how many guests we are planning to have, plus it was already booked! I can't wait to do the tasting! We are waiting for the new menu to come out too so that we can book the tasting.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's really neat! We set up something privately with our caterer as our venue was family property. He had us over to his house for a full tasting and business discussion.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are super pumped for the tasting! At first, we were told it couldn't happen until 2 months before. They have a different manager now though, and now they do it once a month, with multiple couples.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh so exciting! We really enjoyed our tasting with our caterer. One of the best parts of the wedding planning process to be honest.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is super exciting! And I did exactly the same thing. I had researched a few venues online and when FH and I found one we both liked we booked an appointment to visit, fell in love and sign the contract the next day.

Over the last couple months there may have been a few thoughts of "should we have looked at a few others, could we have saved money at another place". Just before Christmas we went for our first sit down meeting with our co-ordinator and the second we walked in the door we felt the same giddiness and excitement all over again! Good luck with your tasting Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get that! I'm headed in for our tasting to our venue in 3 days. I am so anxious and hope it helps remind me why I loved the venue and that even if I had no decor it wouldn't matter cause the place is gorgeous!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That worked our perfectly then!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fiance and I had been to the cafe before we were looking at venues and I had no idea there was a reception hall attached to it! I found that out on here when I was looking for venues!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My MOH really wants to go but she lives 8hrs away, so I'll have to get someone else unfortunately. I wish I could just sneak in but ours is a private venue so no can do. But that cafe attached sounds super cute!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This time I went with my maid of honour. This visit was more to get a visual on where my decor would go so I wanted my MOH there for that (plus, fiancé was working!). Our venue has a cafe attached to it, so one time I went with my mom and fiancé's mom to the cafe and also showed them the ceremony space. The reception area was unlocked and so we snuck a peek in there as well!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! So exciting!!!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ah! So happy for you!! Have fun at your tasting appointment!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so excited to visit our venue again! Not for a couple months but I am beyond excited still! I haven't decided if it will just be my fiance and I or if we will bring our parents or someone in the wedding party. I just want to show it off to everyone!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Enjoy the tasting as it's one of a lifetime chance to eat a free meal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics