Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Videography - is it a must-do?

Cliodhna, on January 20, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

It’s one of the most magical (and quickest!) days of your life. Having it captured in video is a great way to remember and relive the day. Would you choose to preserve your wedding day in video or allocate the budget elsewhere?

Is a wedding videographer a must-do to you?

Videography - is it a must-do? 1

Photo by Outside In Studio in Toronto

Next Question: Ceremony programs?

Back to the Beginning: What is a must-do to you?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Francesca, on March 12, 2020 at 08:55
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing it. My Great Grandmother and Grandparents will be there. I wanted something to look back on and remember. MY favorite thing is watching peoples wedding videos especially the same day edit!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must.

My future FIL use to do videography of weddings as a side job, and my FH seeing all of those came to the realization that, no matter how professional the editing and camera work was, the people in it are just everyday people, so it comes out like a really fancy home video. We don't think we'd ever watch it too, so we skipped on this one.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is not a must. We decided not to get a videographer because its a lot of extra money for a video that we will probably only watch once or twice. We opted to spend extra money on our photographer because we prefer photos.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not an actual must, but for us it is. My FH is very sentimental and he still watches our proposal over and over and gets teary every time lol so definitely needed a videographer
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not going to bother. I can't see me watching the video more than once. For a major anniversary we can do a slide show with photos.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Def a must!!! on the day of we wont have time to intake everything or see what is going on so we got a 30 min video made of the entire day so we can actually sit and watch it

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were on the fence about this one but I really wanted to be able to look back on our vows and everyone's speeches so we went for it.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a must for me

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After asking so many ppl, id say yes. Had so many brides sad they dont have a video to look back to, their first dance, speaches, the ceremony, even if its not the greatest quality, it is something you can always look back to.
    I went to a wedding 5 years ago now, it took all friday and saturday morning to get the place ready (it was an outdoors place) it started raining as the bride was walking down the aisle, had to run after to find cover, (youd think they would hate everything about it..) but seeing that video even years after, makes me cry to this day, seeing them together, so in love, smiling even with the rain, and you start hearing their vows, and then it stopped raining, they had a beautiful rainbow, and could do their fireworks, probably the best wedding ive been to! Video is a must
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was not a must do for us, it did not make the budget cut. If I had some extra funds thrown my way, this would so happen though. I think it is great.

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is one aspect I'm really unsure about - I kind of want to have a videographer, but I'm not so sure we'd rewatch the video down the line. If we decide to record it, I'd want something cheap like throw a camera on a tripod off to the side during the ceremony type of thing
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would've been great to have, but it is too expensive to justify. Our photos do a great job of capturing the day.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I go back and forth on this weekly! I love the idea of having one and being able to look back on it as we get older.....but I can’t justify the price for such a small amount of time.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes yes yes! I am such a huge advocate for hiring a videographer.

I spend a lot of time watching other people's wedding videos, as well as my own home movies from when I was a kid and even my old cringey vlogs from my youtube days.

I'm super sentimental about looking back on video footage so I think I'll look back on my wedding video all the time.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it was cheaper, I’d do it but alas the budget will not allow
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea, but it’s too expensive for me to justify, so not a must do for me!
  • M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't find it to be a must-do, but my mom is insistent that we have a videographer. We've seen some gorgeous wedding videos. Since she really wants us to, we're going to make sure we do it! She hasn't asked for much so far, so I won't deny her the little things she wants Smiley heart

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must. At no point have I wanted video of our wedding day. I just cannot imagine sitting down and watching it more than once or twice.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must - we did get our ceremony recorded, but honestly the quality was as good as a cell phone video which would have been free... If you do it then please pay the $1000's to get a good quality video!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must. I didn't even look for one, but if it happened to be included with a package then that would've been fine. But I wasn't going to go looking for one.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must for us. The prices are unreal for videographers in our area, and it was not in our budget.

I had my brothers girlfriend video all our entrances, and some people did the dances, so I have those. Plus I ended up videoing my sisters speech so I have a copy of that!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must - I didn’t even want a videographer actually, my FH did. We found ours through my sister and they’re reasonably priced. Otherwise I would’ve skipped it entirely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics