Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Vendors getting back to you

Becky, on March 20, 2018 at 09:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Has anyone had issues with vendors on this site getting back to you? I have emailed a few catering companies and its been over a week, still no response. I did it through the site instead of a separate email though. Has anyone had this issue?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Karen, on March 21, 2018 at 10:46
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes i have done issues like this. Some vendors never responded to me. Some responded 1 to 2 weeks after but by then I already found someone who responded quicker. You can always check Google with the vendors name and just let them that you message then here.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had vendors respond the first time, but not with follow up questions. If I didn't hear back, I didn't worry about it and just moved on to the next. The only exception is our venue. I really wanted to see it and wasn't hearing back and ended up calling them. So glad I did because we booked it and the event coordinator has been great to work with.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very true! appreciate your feedback Smiley smile

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He doesn't have a location. Calling him is so so. My biggest thing is if you aren't good an emails, don't offer emailing as an option.

He is a solo caterer, is his own company. So I was contacting him during his busy seasons (July, August, and then Christmas). But I find this is no excuse as I'm a solo business owner and get back to emails and voicemails promptly.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am going to look through their actual website because wondering if they don't look at this often.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so frustrating. Does he have a location or a number you can reach him at? Sometimes forcing them to deal with you in that moment can help.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My caterer sucks at responding to emails. I took us 5 months of back and forth to actually get a quote from him. Even now I sent him and email asking about deposits and how it works. I've heard nothing back, it's been two months.

I admitted yesterday to my FH that I regret going with him because of his correspondence. His food is so good! But communication sucks.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had some vendors take 6 weeks to reply back, at which time I've already moved on. I look at it as an omen to not go with them if they can't reply back in a reasonable amount of time.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've had it go either way but usually they are pretty good about replying. I went with the vendors who responded best within my price range. I'm planning my wedding from out of town so I needed someone who would be reliable with responding
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I almost always got replies back from them within one or two days (all through this site). I contacted mainly venues tho, maybe those are just more on it
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure why, but I had this problem as well. It took weeks to get some replies. One vendor emailed me back 6 months later, apologizing but she didn't realize she even had a vendor account on wedding wire. I used this site as well as Facebook to find all of my vendors.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes when i contacted them through the site i noticed it was very spotty, they could respond either straight away or took upto 2 weeks to respond. I think must vendors are slow in general, even after we booked a few, they were slow to reply.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics