Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Susy
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Veil/no Veil?

Susy, on July 3, 2018 at 15:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 28

I know it's all preference but what are you all doing?

Did your veil wreck your hair when you took it out? Did you regret not having a veil if you didn't?

Opinions Please Smiley smile

xo

28 Comments

Latest activity by Katrina, on August 12, 2018 at 17:58
  • Katrina
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally always recommend a veil it's a great prop for your photos and you can easily take it out after usually unless your hairdresser really bobby pins that thing in!
    I also work in a bridal store and many brides told me that their one thing their husband asked is that they wear a veil which I thought was very odd cuz I didn't think men even knew what a veil was lol it definitely adds to your Bridal Ensemble it brings out the bride it gives you something to play with and flow over your shoulders and like I said before it's one of the best props you can use for your photos
  • Morgane
    Curious February 2019 Alberta
    Morgane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No veil for me. I always thought I would wear one, but then I tried so many on and I did not like the look on me- so decided to not get one.
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not wearing a veil cause its outdoor ceremony and cocktails at a ranch and last thing i want is my veil to go flying in my face or pictures. so im doing without and im ok with that.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say veil! Think about it, it is the one time in your life you will get to wear one. Plus it super pretty for pictures and you can always remove it when you get tired of it.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing a veil with a crown! Smiley smile. I'm choosing to wear one because it will be the only time i'll ever get to wear a veil lol!

• C
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on wearing a veil for the ceremony only!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

See I was going no veil....but then I found one online super cheap (wish.com) so I ordered it cost me $4.80 total. So I'm going to see if it goes well with my dress, if it doesn't then I won't be wearing it and it didn't cost me much. And if it does even better spent less than $5 for it.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Veil!! I won't feel like a bride without veil. Mine is elbow length, 2 tiers with double sided 4 rows of Swarovski crystals which I made myself. I have metal comb and I don't think it will mess up the hair.

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't be wearing a veil, mainly because I have super short hair. I think I'll just wear a hair piece (broach type clip) or something. Guess I should figure that out soon, since I'm getting married in 2 1/2 months. haha!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing a veil. It will be cathedral length. My hair stylist is going to put in different colour bobby pins so my MOH knows which ones to pull out to make it easy. I'm also doing an updo so I don't think having a veil would ruin your hair. Just get someone you trust to do it for you.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a veil and it was very easy to take out of my hair without ruining it. Mine was attached to a comb that sat on top of my updo and my hair stylist taught my sister/MOH how to take it out without any trouble. If you are worried you could also consider getting a hair piece that could be put in in place of the veil once it is removed, for example another comb with flowers or jewels on it, to cover any lumps or bumps.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing a long cathedral veil, I just love the look of them.I am not to worried about it messing up my hair once I take it out, it is just a comb so if it does pull any pieces out of my bun loose I will have spare bobby pins on hand to put them back in. I think It is a good idea if you can to take the veil with you to your hair trial.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have always said I did not want a veil, just a hairpiece. But when I found my dress and the dolled me up with a veil I fell in love with the look. I honestly didn't understand what in meant to feel "bridal" until they put the veil on. When I went for my hair & makeup trial I brought my veil with me and my stylist showed my mom how to take the veil out properly so that it will not mess up my hair. Now I will have the best of both worlds.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a birdcage veil. My hairdresser is a family friend so she is coming to the wedding as well. She will add the veil and hairpiece when she does my hair and help take them out after photos if I want. It might be manageable to leave everything in.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I went wedding dress shopping, my mind was set that I didn’t want a veil. I guess I just never pictured myself wearing one. Then my consultant convinced me to try it with my dress, and I was sold. I felt like it completed the look. It came out pretty easy, so I don’t think it will ruin your hair if you take it out carefully Smiley smile Courtney’s point is very valid too though. I’m having an outdoor wedding in the mountains, and if it’s windy, it will drive me crazy! Oh well, here’s to hoping it will work out lol
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing an elbow length veil, I feel like it really completes the look of my dress. When I tried on my dress I had my hair in a style similar to how I want it for the wedding and even when we were taking the veils in and out of my hair trying on different ones it didn't mess it up at all! I think it partly depends on the dress as well as being a preference, some dresses absolutely don't need a veil where some may look a little incomplete without it.
    just try some on with the dress if you want one and if none of them look how you want then go without one?
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore my mum's veil and it was beautiful and it didn't mess up my hair when we took it out for dinner.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a big cathedral length veil strictly so I can have some epic photos! I think they look so beautiful in the wind too.

I'm ahairstylist and so is my mom, so I'm definitely not worried about my hair!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing one! I think it really finished the look. I put mine on for the hair trial and it didn't mess up my hair when I took it out.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a veil on for my bachelorette and didn’t find it wrecked my hair at all. It was so fun to wear and just made me feel special Smiley smile I definitely want to wear one for my wedding day. I ordered one in September and it’s still not here! Freaking out as my wedding is only 45 days away now.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Veil!!!! It's the one day in your life you get to wear it... I'll have one for some photos and for the ceremony. I'm going to have to test the comb with my hair trial, but I'm gonna make it work. Maybe depending on your hairstyle, have a few spare bobby pins to fix and hair that may pull/move when you take it off.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want a veil 100% but I'm more worried my hair won't hold it... it's super short and thin and cant hold a curl worth anything... need to do some bridal trials with one I hope it works!
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Veil for sure! My MOH is my hairdresser and will make sure that the day-of stylist puts it where it needs to be and then she will take it out for me.

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a hairstylist, and do what works best for you! I would suggest a veil style with a comb. And work with your stylist to find a style that works well with the type of veil you've chosen. The comb is the best way to not affect your hair if you chose to remove your veil half way through the day
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No veil for me! Mainly cause i didn't want it get caught in the wind and being annoying during the ceremony.

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely doing a veil! And as long as you have someone help you take your veil out it should come out clean without pulling any hair Smiley smile I've helped a few brides with it and the comb doesn't usually take hair with it!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be having a veil because I have been picturing myself in one ever since I was 10! Lol, as for the taking of it off of my head for the reception - I'm fine with having my hair fall apart! Once the main photo's are taken I would even consider simply putting my hair up in a ponytail. Of course if I ask really nicely I'm sure that one of my bridesmaids that is a hair dresser could help me out a little. Any chance you have even someone like a cousin who does hair?

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a veil for certain, and I’m not super concerned about my hair coming out because my hair dresser is actually a guest at my wedding and she’s so on top of everything she wouldn’t let it look bad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics