Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Traditional or Twist: Honeymoon?

Lynnie, on February 17, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Honeymoon 1 35

Traditionally the newlyweds used to sail off straight away from the wedding to the honeymoon! ✈️ But that might not be the best time for you to travel! When will you head off for your honeymoon?

Are you sticking with tradition and traveling right away? Or are you twisting the tradition to work for you, and planning your honeymoon for a better time?

Traditional or Twist: Honeymoon? 1

Photo from Gateway Getaways in Toronto

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thanks for talking traditions with us! If you missed any questions, you can see them all linked here: Traditional or Twist?

On a roll? Check out our recent games: Love On The Brain!, Let me upgrade you!, and Your Wedding - By The Numbers!

35 Comments

Latest activity by Jes, on September 10, 2020 at 02:41
  • Jes
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Jes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love the idea of taking off 2-3 days after the wedding.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still looking to do it after the wedding. I think it would be nice "IF" we can have our wedding and "IF" there is no travel ban, to get away and just enjoy and relax after all of this mess. We are looking to go to Aruba for 2 weeks, which thankfully has very minimal amounts of the virus, so I am hoping by the time we go there will be none! Smiley ups
    We are supposed to be going in October.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing our honeymoon the year after our wedding for our first anniversary. Since we're getting married in Kelowna BC and we'll be there for 3 weeks, we've decided to wait until the following year. We're going to Anaheim California. Going to Disneyland, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Knots Berry Farm, Sea World & San Diego Zoo

• Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married last May. We did a mini-moon for a few nights right after the wedding and waited until August to do our big honeymoon due to work. It also gave me more time to plan the honeymoon - I didn't get a lot of time to while wedding planning. It all worked out really well!

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right away!! The stress of planning a wedding.. no way am I waiting longer to travel.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH really wants to leave right away, the day after the wedding. I think maybe a day or two to allow us to catch our breath would be best.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably a couple days after the wedding we want to spend time with our families who traveled and flew in for out wedding!

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so awesome!! It’s my favourite place! Hope you guys have a wonderful time!
  • Kelly
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're going to St Lucia as well! We're getting married the Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. We were originally booked to fly out on the Tuesday morning, but Air Canada cancelled that flight and put us on a flight the Sunday morning instead Smiley atonished

Not ideal for our post-wedding family plans, but c'est la vie! We still get to go on our dream honeymoon and looking forward to it so much!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

More a twist than traditional.
    We had ideas of things we wanted to do for a honeymoon (like a big comic/fan convention), but we can't set the dates for those! LOL.

The battle plan now is: We're doing a day after little get together with the bridal party and immediate family still in town then leaving for a "mini-moon" for a few days in a relatively close spot then doing a big honeymoon the following year.

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is Saturday, and we leave early Tuesday morning for St. Lucia ❤️
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re leaving a few days after the wedding! our wedding will be the saturday, and we will leave for the honeymoon on the tuesday!
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did ours completely different and we decided to have two honeymoons. Our wedding is in August, so we decided to go to Puerto Vallarta in January for a week for our first honeymoon. The second honeymoon is about two weeks after our wedding and we are going to Vegas. We decided not to leave right after the wedding because both of our kids will be getting ready to head back to school at the end of the month, so this gives us time to take care of that before we leave.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well we dont know how were gonna afford it lol but we're planning on a traditional honeymoon right away, bit somewhere in canada maybe in the mountains just to not go to a typical beach destination.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Travelling right away, I can't wait! We will depart about 48 hours after our ceremony Smiley laugh

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We put that on hold until may the 5th year when we can afford a trip once all the big payments are out of the way.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bit of both; we first did a mini-moon which was right after the wedding weekend, but then a couple months later went on an actual honey moon.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaving for a minimoon the day after the wedding, and we're planning to eventually go on a bigger trip for our honeymoon

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a mini moon the weekend after our wedding. We waited a month to go on our honeymoon when the weather was cooler here!

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eventually we may go on a honeymoon, right now that is way down the list of more important things to do!

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are staying in a hotel near the venue the night of then driving to toronto the next day to spend the day before flying out for our honeymoon the next morning 😊
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be taking our honeymoon 8 months post wedding because the weather in Bali will be better that time of year!!
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't taken a honeymoon, and we might not for a long time. We just bought a house, so a proper far-off destination is not in the budget. We would like to at least have a weekend getaway some time this year hopefully. Maybe just to Ottawa or Niagara-on-the-Lake.
  • Melissa
    Beginner June 2021 New Brunswick
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will leave a couple days after the wedding!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We left three days later. Spent two nights in a hotel, one night at home, then left.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re leaving hours after the reception! I actually can’t wait!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We took off for the honeymoon the day after our wedding. It was cold so it was the perfect time to set off to the warmth
  • K
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're probably going to leave just a couple days after. Greece here we come!

• Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we will be skipping the honeymoon, we want to buy a house in the near future. if anything we probably do a staycation of some sort with our family but not right away
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping honeymoon too .. wow we are just skipping everything
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't set our honeymoon yet. I think we'll be leaving as soon as we can but it will be more of a family vacation than a honeymoon. Possibly with my sister and her family coming with us.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There'll be a 4 day break between the wedding and our honeymoon. It's just what worked out best for us logistically

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics