Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Torn Between 2 Dresses!

Brittany, on July 11, 2022 at 15:22

Posted in Wedding fashion 43

Hi everyone! I need some help. My wedding is next August and for the first time (even including last year) I finally found dresses that take my breath away. It felt great to have that moment finally, but my dilemma is that I had it twice! LOL Price is not an issue, they only have a $40 difference...
Hi everyone! I need some help. My wedding is next August and for the first time (even including last year) I finally found dresses that take my breath away.
It felt great to have that moment finally, but my dilemma is that I had it twice! LOL

Price is not an issue, they only have a $40 difference and my brother gave me the money to pay for it in full.
I’m torn because there are two major things that concern me but other than that, they are very similar dresses.
Here is dress #1:cfb_77245.jpg
cfb_77247.jpg
I love the ruching and the neck line, but I don’t like the no straps.
Dress #2:cfb_77251.jpg
cfb_77253.jpg

I love the straps and you can’t see it but the cut outs underneath the armpit.
I absolutely love the slit, the buttons down the back the shape, the train for both dresses.
I’m only have a rough time about the top. We’re getting married in Banff, we also booked an adventure session for golden hour in the mountains and I can envision myself in both of them, running in the mountains.
So I need your help! Which do you prefer and why?
Thanks

43 Comments

• Cris
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Cris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

#1 for me!! love the look and the pleating in the bust!

• Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smart lady!!!! And you also look so confident in it too
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! My mom says the same thing about the first one too.

• Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    #1 all the way for me, I love how you wear it, not it wearing you. And as you mentioned adding straps and/or corset may just be the ticket!!!
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t see any reason they wouldn’t be able to add straps to dress #1! Sounds like you’ve made up your mind, so I’d talk to the store about alteration options and then you’re good to go!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! I was so close to saying yes to the dress and I instantly thought of dress number one that I have been obsessing over for a least a year now. It is all over my Pinterest. I am sure I can add straps, or change the back to a corset for more security.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! It's a bit of a higher cut compared the the first one. I am sure I can add some straps.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also a fan of #1! If no straps is your concern I’m sure something can be done in alterations Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know you said you're not a fan of no straps but I personally think the first one looks better on you. Both dresses are fine, but if you're asking which we prefer, I'm picking #1. There's something about the way #2 is cut in the waist that makes your body length disproportionate.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I absolutely agree, it hits the waist in the perfect area and it gives off the hourglass look! I absolutely adore it. I almost said yes this weekend to the second dress but then I stopped myself because I was thing about this one.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love the first dress! Just the way it looks on you is gorgeous and the top of it is beautiful the way it is around your bust area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics