Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Toonie Bar

Lindsay, on April 4, 2018 at 13:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 6

How do you put on the invitation that the wedding is going to be a toonie bar?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on April 5, 2018 at 10:20
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ironically we got our first "toonie bar wedding" invitation in the mail yesterday!

I love the idea! Our venue only hosts open bar weddings so we didn't have a choice but I think it's great and can save some money while having an "offering" for the guests.

The invite we just got said: Ceremony will be held outside, Toonie bar during the dance

I think it's great to put this on a details card with the invite if you are having one. If not, on the wedding website should be sufficient.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The one wedding I went to there wasn’t atm near by she said toonie bar reception to follow
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you having a wedding website? I would recommend putting it on there if you are and not on the invitations. If not, I think you can say "Ceremony at this time followed by a Reception with (or "and") toonie bar at this time"

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I put it on my website. I simply put on my invite please visit: XXXXX for more info.

I put a small schedule on the website and where I put cocktail hr I wrote in brackets Please note drinks will be $2 each.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t put this on our invite but I’m thinking of adding it onto our wedding website. We received a wedding invite that just said our reception will be a toonie bar or something similar to that.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing an information or details card insert? Sometimes it's easier to include an insert so you can put some more information on it, and keep your invitation nice and clean. Then you can put something cute like "Our wedding will have a Toonie Bar, but it will also be heavily photographed. Proceed with caution!"

Even though it's toonie, and not just "cash bar", you could still put "Cash Bar Reception To Follow".... Or "Toonie Bar Reception to Follow"...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics