Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elycia
Curious June 2018 Ontario

To veil or not to veil

Elycia, on March 23, 2018 at 09:16 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18
I chose an awesome tiara because I. A freaking princess. My dress is Champaign and I'm not sure

18 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on March 31, 2018 at 23:10
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No veil for me 3 reasons:

1) another cost

2) won't be wearing it all day just ceremony and pictures so no worth it for me.

3) my dress is burgundy so it will be hard to find a veil to match the color of the dress

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousins wedding veil caugh fire without her knowing and someone (luckily) saw it right away and put it out. This scared me out of the idea. So no wedding veil for me!!
  • Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    While that be great my gown isn't white it's champagne I'm having a hard time finding a veil to go with it I appreciate everyone's imput
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Veil! I vote veil, because I think it's the defining factor between being a beautiful girl in a white gown, and being a bride. I will be doing some sort of tiara/headband/hair piece as well, but I am goin' all out with a cathedral length veil. I want the drama. I want the photos that people go "oooooh" *with the deep inhale* haha.

It's the only time you ever get to wear one... and you take it off for the reception anyways, so it's not like it's going to get in the way!

They will always be able to find one that matches your dress, so make sure you either go to the same place you got the dress, or have a swatch or something. Smiley smile

To veil or not to veil 1

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try with different types of veil. I think fingertip veil will look so good with your dress and tiara. But it's all up to you.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a simple veil will complete the look and still look amazing with the tiara as well.
    You look amazing in the dress btw!
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    MY opinion? Get the veil! You look awesome already I feel a veil will just bring the bridal look together. And wear your tiara too. Wear the veil and tiara for the ceremony and then for reception take off the veil leaving only your tiara!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also hate when they cover faces that's why I'm getting a veil that doesn't go over the face. It completely pulls my look together, I was on the fence about it for so long but when I tried it on I fell in love. But totally agree with the face thing, can't stand it! My step mom was shocked lol
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can get veils that don’t cover your face
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I love veils! It is really the only day you get to wear one. Although, it's also the only day you get to wear a tiara. I don't think you need one with the dress because it's not plain, but it also won't look overdone if you did wear one.

• Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looks more white in this photo

To veil or not to veil 2
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What does your dress look like?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try a few on. I personally love veils but it's all up to your personal style and preference. They are a little harder to find but you can certainly find a champagne veil if you want one.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get a veil that attaches to the back and doesn't come up over the head and face... or just go without one, you don't need one when you have the tiara.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same boat! I don't know if I want to have it and your makeup and hair look amazing! Love your tiara too. If you would like it then its completely up to you. I don't want it because I don't see why my face needs to be covered and I am not a fan of it in general

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks beautiful to me I don’t think you need one but if you feel it’s missing something you should try one on and see
  • Elycia
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm just looking at my hair and makeup thing and I feel like it's missing something but I love my tiara

To veil or not to veil 3
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You don't HAVE to have a veil. If you find a simple one that you like that goes with the tiara, go for it! Otherwise, I'm sure just the tiara is beautiful!

I'm having my own veil issues... I can't decide between a tiara, a birdcage, or a custom one made out of the lace cut out of the skirt of my dress (I bought it off the rack and it's too big)... Decisions, decisions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics