Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Denai
Curious June 2019 Alberta

Tips on Saving Money?

Denai, on January 25, 2018 at 13:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Dear anyone that is deep into planning at the moment, or has already had their wedding, or has helped plan a friends wedding, or just knows a few tips:

Looking back do you regret spending on certain things that you thought was worth it to spend on in the moment but then turned out it really wasn't? What would you say to your past self on what not to spend on, or spend LESS on? I would like to keep the price of my wedding as low as possible and would love to know ahead of time what others think when they look back at what they have spent and think to themselves "hmmm I really could have not bought that or I should have just got the cheaper version because it really didn't matter in the long run." Thoughts?! It can be ANYTHING. I'm so curious.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 7, 2018 at 10:14
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looking back at the planning, i wouldn't change a thing since half the online purchases were free.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using the same decor for ceremony and reception and wedding party or family will just move it after their done with pictures. Basically, the centrepieces will be along the aisle first: that's really all the decor we're doing because I do not remember any decorations at any wedding I've been to.

We also decided against a DJ. We are downloading songs from Spotify and renting a sound system from our venue. We will have a few people take turns to ensure music flows nicely during the dance.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a charging station that didn't get used. We didn't spend a lot on it (maybe $40) but it took time to put it together. I think otherwise we were ok. We didn't hire a DJ because we didn't see the point as we could make a playlist ourselves.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm deep into planning at this point. I think a lot of 'what is important and what isn't important' comes down to the individual person. I however, do think there are probably some main points a lot of people can agree on.

Photographer - Spend here. Photos will last a life time and I wanted to be happy looking back at them over the years. That being said, I still set myself a budget and stayed within it. I didn't feel the need to spend 8,000 on a package when I found a photographer who's style I love for 2,000.

Videographer - I didn't spend here but I know a LOT of people said its worth it. For me, we have a million go-pros in our family which we are setting up with different view points with 4K quality. I only want to capture the vows and speeches so that's all we needed.

Venue - This is going to be the MAIN thing of cost and really is dependent on how you feel about things. We've spent... a lot. So much so that I still feel ill at the thought of the cost. HOWEVER - we really wanted a high end, expensive feeling place (in the way of old world charm and intimate feelings) with AMAZING food, open bar and where they take care of everything for you. So our cost here was high here, but in turn we've hardly had to spend on decor or extras. We also didn't want to have to set up or tear down decor.. but if you're willing to do that or you're quite handy (we are not), you can find something gorgeous for a lot cheaper!

Transportation - I kept this as LOW as possible without just being in a taxi. Realistically no one is seeing us in the cars as our ceremony and reception are in the same location!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics