Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joannie
Curious September 2019 Quebec

Timeline for the day of

Joannie, on November 19, 2018 at 09:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey guys!

I’ve been really stressed for a while now about all I have to do on the day of. We don’t have much money to spend on the wedding so there’s a lot of diys and i’m doing all the planning myself. We’re getting married on a Sunday (Labor Day) and there’s another wedding on Saturday so we have access to the barn the morning of at 8 am. We have to put out the tables, place the decorations for the reception and the ceremony, etc (we do everything ourselves since we don’t have any money to spend on hiring a designer or a decorations company. My 4 bridesmaids, my mom and stepdad are helping and I hired a wedding day of coordinator) My stress is about the time i’ll Have left to get ready. I was thinking about decorating from 8 to 12 and then get ready with all my bridesmaids from 12 to 3:30, but I’ve been watching wedding vlogs for the past week and the wedding party usually wake up very early only to get ready (one of them actually woke up a 6 AM for a 4 PM ceremony.) I guess my question is do you think it’s possible to do everything the morning of?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Joannie, on November 20, 2018 at 08:51
  • Joannie
    Curious September 2019 Quebec
    Joannie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for all of your good advices! As you all said, I talked to my wedding coordinator and she confirmed that she is going to help with the set up and take down. Plus I talked to my friend (one of the bestman’s Girlfriend and she said that her and another bestman’s girlfriend are going to be able to help out and continue the set up while we get ready since they don’t need as much time as us! My stress is starting to go away, everyone really reassured me! Thanks a lotSmiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my wedding, we started getting ready at 9am for a 2:00 ceremony. We did hair first at the salon, then went to my friend's for the make-up and dresses. We finished there about 1:00 (we had one make-up person doing 2 people) and then went to the venue for pictures. Honestly, didn't need to leave the time for pictures as we got a lot after the ceremony too. It typically takes an hour for hair and an hour for make-up (usually less but that's what I planned on) and about 30 minutes to get dresses on. So, the getting ready really only needs to take 2.5 hours.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with what the other people are saying. talk to your coordinator. use the guys side for this. as they will definitely take way less time to get ready. and i'm sure you could have other family or friends help too. I find people are so willing to help when its wedding things.

12-330 could be possible to get ready in that time frame. but it could be tight too. depending on number of bridesmaids and if you have more than one hairdresser. most MUA and hairdressers need 45 min-1 hour per person.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Tori... if people from the bridal party are decorating... have it be the guys. You can go Type-A neurotic before the wedding, and make a detailed play by play with set-up photos if you want to, but you don't have to be there. That's what I'm doing. I'm actually having my cousin and his girlfriend go set up the venue for me. I'm paying for their hotel room to be nearby the night before... I had no budget for day-of coordinator, or decorators/designers... so I'm just going to have every as ready as possible, then entrust someone else to set it up.

I'm not stressing about centrepieces on my wedding day, and neither should you! Delegate delegate delegate!

Best of luck!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally I would say that your groom and his groomsmen as well as the dads should be able to do all that without you. If anything you could send a bridesmaid or two out to see how it looks but you shouldn't be concerned with it. The main thing that everyone is saying is to talk to the wedding planner/ coordinator and I'm sure they will be able to put your mind at ease.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your day of coordinator is the one responsible to oversee everything is being completed and done for the set up and décor. You should be focusing on your ready time and same with bridesmaids/parents.

Sketch out the plan for the set up to have your coordinator see that the view inspired is to your drawing. Don't go overboard and overtime about setting up when it should be about you and your day.

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like the others suggested, speak to your day of coordinator. When I was invterviewing wedding planners, I specifically inquired about set-up/take down services and if they had ideas or staff available to help with this. Surprisingly, many of them had junior staff available at $20/hr or $15/hr. I know you said your budget was tight but if you’re going to spend $100 anywhere on your wedding day, I feel like this would be the place to do it if you don’t have the friends or family to help out.
    Personally, I wouldn’t want to be rushing around for set up on my wedding day for hours on end then scrambling to get ready before the ceremony.

You can approve set-up help for a max of $50 or whatever your budget fits. If this isn’t an option, I would to to recruit friends and family. IMO, if the bride is doing set up on her wedding day, the entire bridal party should be helping her so she can get out of there ASAP.

I hope it works out for you! Let us know what you decide.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Talk to your day-of coordinator. They likely have a ton of experience with this and will have some ideas and suggestions on what will and won't work, as well as some creative pre-set-up time savers that you might not have thought of.

Don't be afraid to call on the groomsmen and groom's parents as well to help with set-up. It doesn't just have to be you and your side of the wedding. I've pitched in doing set-up as out-of-town family. Not only did it help take some of the stress off the bride, it gave us the chance to see each other for more than the wedding and reception and we had a good catch-up while setting tables and placing centrepieces. Many hands make light work - and may give you another hour or so to get ready. Smiley smile

Keep in mind when watching vlogs that some brides do all their 'primping' the day of - massage, mani-pedi, hair, makeup etc. and want a lot of time to chill and relax. There are definitely ways to save time getting ready, especially if you can get more than one person doing hair and makeup as that's where a backlog tends to happen.

Good luck with it all! I have faith it'll all work out! Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s tight if you have a lot to set up.

If its a small reception, you might be ok. Have you brought up the right timeline to your day of coordinator? They may have some ideas!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics