Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lydia
Beginner June 2019 British Columbia

Timeline for booking vendors

Lydia, on September 20, 2018 at 20:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi all,
I'm getting married next June, and I need some guidance about when to book vendors. We have the venue, commissioner, hair and makeup and photographer booked. My fiance thinks we should wait a bit for booking the decor, bartending and cake services. I feel it is better given the popularity of getting married in the summer months. Not sure I am panicking unnecessarily though!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lydia, on October 5, 2018 at 15:59
  • Lydia
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your comments! I have booked most of the vendors now, I appreciate all the advice :-)

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with others. Book soon since June is a popular time. You want to be able to have options, not just stuck with who is available.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I too am getting married next year in June (Toronto or Markham, to be more specific). Have booked photography, venue, bar tending services, DJ and MC so far. Will go check out the cake vendor this weekend and potentially book. I have met with a decorator but have not signed anything yet. Will meet again with them shortly to book and confirm. I’m afraid my first choices will be booked up before I get a chance to consider! June is a popular month - book sooner rather than later.
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As many others have mentioned, it is never too early to book vendors. Especially since summer is popular time to get married, they can book up really quickly - a year + in advance, so if you want to get the one that you want, definitely don't hesitate. Then you know that it is done, and you don't have to worry about it going foward!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Book as soon as you can! I was surprised how quickly hair and make-up filled up! My first choice was booked, and second choice could barely squeeze us in. And that was 6 months in advance.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As the others have mentioned, it's never too early to book wedding vendors, especially if you have your heart set on a particular vendor! You don't want to find out your dream vendor is booked up for your date.

That being said, if you're just researching still, wait until you find the one you want. I would keep researching even if you aren't looking to book yet, just to see what's out there. Decor and cake bakers can wait a bit more than some of the bigger things. Bartending you might want to look as soon-ish.

One vendor I would look at sooner rather than later is musicians/bands/djs for music at your wedding. Depending on where you are, these can book up quickly! The DJ we booked does more than weddings so it was recommended to reach out ASAP to see if they were available.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My rule has been its never too early to have something book! My FH too is much more laid back but honestly I rather have one lore thing checked off than me stressing about when to have things booked by! You seem to have the biggest things booked already so I feel like you're doing great! Just do research when you can and keep moving forward with meetings and bookings! No need to rush anything else just yet!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the sooner you book your vendors the better. I don't know how quickly things book up where you're holding your wedding, but here (Toronto) things book up so quickly so I started planning and booking things 1.5 years pre-wedding. And besides, there's nothing wrong with booking things too early. Better to be early than late!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

I would say to start right now - never too early but sometimes too late. My wedding is in October of 2019 and we booked our venue, catering (food), photographer, and have our officiant lined up.

Bartending should be done sooner rather than later as to not miss out of such an important aspect of the wedding (IMO) but the cake and décor could wait until you know exactly what you want or can find some things that you like on a FB buy/sell group.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics