Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Time Line Help!

Courtney, on April 10, 2018 at 12:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

So I've had my time line done, but think I might have gotten myself in a bit of a pickle. Our photographer recommended 1.5 hours after the ceremony, and I only budgeted an hour.

4:30PM - Ceremony (can't be moved). Ceremony should be 15 - 20 minutes.

5:00PM - cocktail hour/pictures. Our pictures are being done in the same location as the ceremony/cocktail hour so no travel required.

6:00PM - MC asks guests to make their way to the reception room (like a 2 second walk) and find their seats.

6:10PM - Bride/Groom entrance and straight into First dance.

6:15PM - Father of the bride Speech and toast.

6:30PM - First course is served.

We wanted to keep dinner starting around 6:30PM but I think I can make some more wiggle room... saying we start pictures at 5PM... and then don't do our entrance until 6:20PM, that would be okay considering no travel time is really needed? That means we'd probably start eating between 6:30PM to 6:45PM... I THINK.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 10, 2018 at 22:22
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sorry but that's pretty funny lol. Maybe try to convince him to eat later. Are you having appetizers during cocktail hour? If so, your guests are probably still going to be good for a couple of hours.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about doing some photos later in the evening? My plan is for my fiance and I to get a few pics taken later, around dusk or even after dark. My friend had some taken after dark and they were so great!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We don't want a first look at all, so we'll do the photos we can before the ceremony (ie. Me and my mom, me and my dad, me and the bridesmaids. And then same for him). But all the together pictures will have to wait till after.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH is an old man who is insisting that our guests need to eat at 6:30PM because 7:00PM IS JUST TOO LATE. Worst case, that's what we'll be doing.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lot of people nowadays do their pictures before the ceremony. If you wanted more time for photos and didn’t want to budge on ceremony and dinner times, you could do a first look an hour or an hour and a half before the ceremony and do your wedding party pictures before the ceremony.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% I would suggest to get some more wiggle room in there, it seems to be very exact but always worry if things run a little late. I find setting people up in the photos takes the longest. I have done Christmas Photos with my fiance just him and I and that can easily take an hour! Add in family and friends I would for sure budget a bit more time!

Also after the ceremony you don't want to run right away from it to the photos. People will want to see you and congratulate you before you head for photos! That could take some time depending on your guest count.

Edit: Also I think making dinner a little later is fine! Even dinner at 7 wouldn't be too late!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could you extend your photography to 1.5 hours? How long do you have your venue until in the evening? Is it an earlier end time, thus why you want dinner at 6:30pm?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get an idea of what's happening logistically.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd suggest adding time to the cocktail/photos. To get the perfect photos you've dreamed of it'll take more than an hour because you not only have you two but the whole wedding party, family and all those little individual shots with each and making sure you don't miss anything you'll definitely want some extra time. We are giving ourselves two hours for photos, just to be safe. Our time like goes like this:

3:00pm Ceremony (20 mins)
    3:30 Cocktail hour and photos (two photo locations, venue and barn across the street)
    5:30 Everyone is seated for dinner
    5:40 Dinner
    6:20 Speeches begin
    Between 6:30-7:00 tables are cleared, dinner is over
    7:00 first dance, father daughter/mother groom dance
    7:15 party begins

Then about an hour into dancing dessert will be served and we will do the bouquet/garter toss then around 10-11 the late night snack will be served.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a good time for dinner, especially if you're having a cocktail hour. We have to travel to our destination for photos after our ceremony and allotted 2 hours for travel and photos. We will be doing the majority of our photos on site prior to the wedding though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics