Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

doucette2thompson
Curious August 2018 New Brunswick

Thoughts on infinity dresses

doucette2thompson, on February 28, 2018 at 00:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22
Curious as to what others think. I love the idea that my girls will look similar but be unique at the same time.

Thoughts on infinity dresses 1

22 Comments

Latest activity by doucette2thompson, on May 8, 2018 at 21:09
  • doucette2thompson
    doucette2thompson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the idea of accessorizing the dresses! Never thought of that!
  • Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids and jr. bridesmaid will be wearing this in Royal Blue. I will be accessorizing my maid of honor and JB with a jeweled belt so they stand out a little bit more. I saw online there are also ways to accessorize with brooches, thick necklace and bracelets, so giving the other ladies options.

I've seen several comments about how this style of dress isn't appropriate for women with larger chest sizes, so I ordered one myself to test. With a matching tube top (which most companies sell along with the dress or offer for free) and strapless bra I could do all of the styles I researched online and felt completely covered and secure in it. I love the fact that there is uniformity in color, but difference in style so they can all do something they are comfortable with. Also, is a relatively inexpensive option for them as well.

• Eimear
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My 4 girls are wearing these dresses in blush pink. A friend of mine had them for her girls a few years ago and they were so beautiful.

• doucette2thompson
    doucette2thompson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking of adding a belt or some kind of accessories to customize it Smiley smile
  • doucette2thompson
    doucette2thompson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is awesome!
  • doucette2thompson
    doucette2thompson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also had my eye on a few stores on Etsy!
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/thepeppystudio
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was looking for this post a while ago!!!! A lady on Etsy makes these dresses and really reasonably priced!!
  • doucette2thompson
    doucette2thompson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the comment! I'm ordering the dresses of Amazon, hopefully I'll have the same luck. I have 3 girls and my fiance has his best man and two grooms ladies. All the ladies range in body type also.
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids ordered these on Etsy and everyone loves them. I disagree with the previous comments that they only fit a specific body type. I have 5 girls ranging from extra small to plus size and they all look great in this dress. It flows really nicely and the top can be changed to show/hide whatever the girls want.

I was was a little nervous about ordering them online without being able to try them first but it was just 2 sizes, regular and plus, so it made the sizing easy. In the end, including tax and shipping, it came to $91 each. We went to a bridal store in town and they tried on dresses there that were hundreds of dollars and none of them looked as nice on all of the girls as these did.
  • Brittany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls are all wearing them Smiley smile I love them

Thoughts on infinity dresses 2
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    THe idea is great but it doesn’t suit a lot of body types!
  • N
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had about three of my friends that have used these dresses for their bridesmaids. I would say that the idea of being able to customize is great, but the reality is the style quite clingy and in some ways unflattering. I prefer dresses with more structure and pulls away from areas I want to hide LOL.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hate these so much to be honest. I think that they are a great idea, but they just don't stick with me. I think it's because SO many people use them now. I love things to be unique and different I guess! Smiley tongue

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect timing!! WeddingWire and Allure Bridals just teamed up to style one bridesmaids dress six different ways...

The Ultimate Convertible Bridesmaids Dress

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive toyed with the idea but I cant seem to find any stores that carry them so I can see them on my girls. I think ill likely pass as all my girls are different builds and I think as long as they pick a dress in the color and length I request they can still look beautiful and unique in their own way.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to love them but I can’t! They seem too cumbersome.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are very clingy and show everything! As the ladies say, they offer no support. In fact on of my bridesmaids sisters used them and I took a pic of her in the dress. Let's just say I couldn't post it to social media do to certain things poking out lol
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They don't have a ton of support but they can look really pretty! I definitely like how they can be worn so many different ways!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they look really nice in pictures but I agree that you have to have a pretty specific bridal party as not everyone can look/feel comfortable in them. They generally look best on slim/athletic builds that don't need to wear a bra for support. These were discussed quickly for my girls but only 2 out of 5 of my bridesmaids said they would feel comfortable

I like the idea of them but have rarely seem them well executed - although it has been done. Maybe just be honest and ask your bridesmaids (and I would do it separately so they're more likely to be honest and not just give a collective yes) what their thoughts are and if they could see themselves in one of the styles

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I considered these but then realised that they do not have a lot of support for your girls and generally lack structure. I have also heard that it is really hard to imitate the different styles they show.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of them but I was never able to replicate how they did it! Even watching a video. But, that's just me and I'm not a fashion/artsy person!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics