Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

The unexpected

Stephanie, on November 12, 2017 at 04:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Anyone have anything completely unexpected and horrible happen before the wedding? My fiance's engine just went on his car tonight. We had a plan for paying for the wedding, but did not plan for a thousands of dollar incident to happen. I wasn't stressed before, but now I am! (which is why I am on wedding wire at 3am...)

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jes G., on November 14, 2017 at 11:53
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! So sorry you're dealing with this. But like everyone here says, life will throw ball curves at you and you just have to handle it as best as you can. That's all anyone can expect of you but I'm sending good positive vibes your way! Planning a wedding is stressful enough- no more extra stress, Life!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We definitely moved on from that. I held a grudge for a pretty long time though - I am bad for that, where my husband is more forgiving and he can move on from things quickly! It got even harder because I quit my job just before my wedding as well, because I was being bullied and I just couldn't continue going to work feeling the way I was feeling. So now I was out of a job as well, but luckily I got on EI because there was proof of this person bullying me! But it is not nearly as much as I was making when I was working, but we get through it and we budget very differently!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband's car had some issues right before our wedding as well. It was a couple of thousand dollars to fix which wasn't great at the time. Don't worry, you will make it through!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks 100%. I am not sure if they have vehicle auctions in Alberta but sometimes you can get used vehicles with low mileage and get someone to replace your engine for half the cost. My fiance is a mechanic so i'm lucky on that part when he has the time to fix my car.

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg that’s so not cool. I’m sorry you guys had to go through that! I would’ve pursued the girl too but she probably didn’t even use her real name and it would’ve dragged on before it passed or it would’ve cost you guys more to try and find her.
    I hope you guys were able to move past that and just know that by having each other you guys can do anything Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had to get a new car in March and the lady who we bought it from turned out to be a con artist and she blocked our numbers and stuff. Turned out the car needed a new transmission so suddenly we had to pay about 7g for the new car, and new transmission, that came right out of our savings for the wedding. If we didn't need the car and the transmission, we would have come out of the wedding with a positive amount of money, because of all the money we got as gifts. BUT, we ended up being in debt a couple grand because of this lady. And my husband didn't want to take her to a small claims court for some reason! So I understand what you are going through!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww man Smiley sad I'm so sorry to hear that. Money stress honestly is the worst kind of stress, especially for me. I can deal with other stress no problem but as soon as money is involved I'm done. I hope things get better for you guys!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those sorts of things keep happening to us! My FH was getting ready to book our hotel room for our honeymoon when his house's water heater broke and he got a flat tire! Things happen! It will all turn out in the end!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That really does suck, but as was mentioned, just give it a few days, clear your mind, and then you'll be able to handle the situation with a clear head. Everything will work itself out.

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awwwww boooo that’s the worst! I mean we can’t expect these things to happen and they definitely put a damper on things and make everyone stress. But just remove yourself from the situation for like 2 Minutes. Just to breathe and think of a game plan. I’m sure everything will work itself into place

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics