Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

The Fight: Mom wants to take over the wedding.

Zoë, on June 9, 2017 at 07:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hello everyone!

The first fight..

When you first started planning your day, Mom was all whatever you want. Before long, she was calling daily with flower ideas, emailing links of venues and suggesting coktails. She will tell you she is just trying to help.

Did you have a fight about the wedding with your mom? Smiley tongue

The Fight: Mom wants to take over the wedding. 1

pinterest

Follow >> The Fight: Your groom is only interested in the bar and music.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on December 19, 2017 at 18:28
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not have any arguments with my mom; or any family member. She did want me to invite someone, which I agreed since we both know her. Then, after we sent out the save the dates, she thought of someone else. But, she understood when I said the save the dates were already out.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had an argument on the venue with my mom and we did not budge since we had issues and needed to have a place. Now, we stick to our guns when it comes to our decisions that we made.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't even tell my mom I'm getting married. I've never talked to my FMIL about the wedding. however, my step mom once suggested I buy a pants suit for my wedding as might be less money and alterations..
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do not fight with my mother... Or my MIL... Neither wants to take over my wedding
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom knows that she can offer advice and share her opinions with me but I wont change anything about my wedding. She has been helpful when I need her to be and she offers advice when I ask for it. But it hasn't been a problem!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mum is very supportive and not trying to take over at all. I have more trouble with my FMIL. We had to set out boundaries with her a few times.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both very lucky that our parents are supportive of everything and literally couldn't care less what we do as long as we are happy! I've heard horror stories about friends parents getting involved in the wedding planning.
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Mum is long gone. No worries about having issues with my Mother.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics