Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Newbie May 2022 Ontario

The Doctor's House - Postponement

Brittany, on June 22, 2020 at 12:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hello Everyone!

We are supposed to get married at the Doctor's House in September and have been patiently waiting for them to get back to us. We're just over two months away from our date and stuck in limbo.

If anyone here has had the chance to postpone your wedding with them, what were the options they gave you? We haven't been given any word anything like menus (one of the main reasons why we booked) and dates. We are just told to wait until they reach out to us.

Any help is appreciated!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 25, 2020 at 17:03
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In your view, you should have heard something to give a heads up to your guests to make appropriate travel plans change. The venue should have a better business communication to get back to clients about date changes and covid updates.

You should email them to let them know they need to give you an answer so you don't end up losing the deposit because of their booking.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Brittany, if I were you, I would email and call them every day until you get an answer. And be VERY firm that you're not stopping until you have answers. Normally I wouldn't condone such extreme measures but the reason I suggest this for this particular venue is because there have been media reports of Doctor's House refusing any returns on your deposits and offering non-comparable dates as alternatives while still demanding high season minimums.

I wrote about it in this thread, which links to the article.

https://community.weddingwire.ca/forums/well-this-sucks-venues-not-returning-deposits--t41813

• A
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Brittany,

My fiance and I are also supposed to be getting married at the Doctor's House in September as well. They told me the same thing, that they will reach out if it is necessary to postpone our wedding. We have decided to still get married this September at a church with just immediate family and then have our reception at the Doctor's House whenever we can do that.

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, join that Facebook group below "GTA Wedding Inc - Covid Wedding Chat" and post your question there. You will have responses from more people.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello - so I am not booked at this venue so I don't have personal insights but there is a facebook covid page and I know the Doctors House was mentioned in a few posts over the last couple months. I can't remember exactly what was said but I remember seeing the name. It might be worth wild joining the group and posting to hear back from people that will be able to help out Smiley smile

GTA Wedding Inc - Covid Wedding Chat

Good luck and I hope your wedding can happen this year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics