Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

The day before the wedding

Joey, on January 29, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

What are your plans for the day before your wedding? Will you have a to-do list of final tasks to take care of? Are you having a rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, or welcome event with your guests? Will you have any last minute appointments? Are you planning to spend the day just relaxing? Share your plans!

Who is having a day of pampering before the wedding?The day before the wedding 1

Photo by L2H Photography in Canmore

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on January 31, 2018 at 17:29
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going to be doing some set up in the morning, making sure the groomsmen know what to do for the centerpieces. I have my mani/pedi booked for the afternoon with my bridal party and then rehearsal and dinner afterwards. I'm hoping to get some downtime for myself in order to relax and calm my nerves before the big day. I'll be spending the night at the hotel where we're getting married with my bridesmaids.

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The day before my wedding I’m going to get my nails done! I may also have a last minute list, depending on how things go!
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My day before the wedding is mani pedi day with my daughter ( who is also my maid of honor) i hope to spend some of it just relaxing but knowing me i will be busy making sure everything is set for the next day...lol

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have to do a lot of set up prep. And we’ll have a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Two days before the wedding, though, the whole wedding party is going to go play laser tag!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing fancy really. Casually going to brunch then a little shopping, lunch etc
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Set ups:

Rehearsal practise at 4pm for quick run through with wedding party.

Reception area (centerpeices, guest favours with thank you cards, gift table, head table and backdrop).

Welcome bags: pre packed with chocolates, mixed nuts and 2 granola bars and 2 bottled water added. Welcome bundle per room.

Welcome dinner at 7pm with all guests staying at venue plus wedding party.

Dance practise: wedding party (one replaced due to not wanting to dance).

Family time: campfire on the beach enjoying time with family.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Due to provincial laws (the ceremony is in Qc), we want to be married under Ont. laws, so we'll be signing the papers in Ottawa the day before with our witnesses. There's probably going to be a quick rehearsal, followed by some down time at the spa (massage, nails) and a pretty chill dinner/evening. We might do a rehearsal dinner, with out out-of-town guests, but we're not sure yet.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids and I will get our nails done then later in the day we will head to the venue with my parents, his parents our wedding party and the officiant to did a rehearsal then we will have a rehearsal dinner.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be trying to relax, I will be helping my cousin do the head tables center pieces. then going for a little pampering. We are having our rehearsal ay 7pm, and dinner at 8pm where we will hand out or wedding parties gifts. Im going back to my sister in laws house, and he is going to the hotel to stay the night with his guys.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll have to pick up a decor item and then drop all my decor off at the venue. Luckily it's only 15 minutes away. I'm also planning on getting a mani/pedi with my mum and then the rehearsal dinner that should be a pretty relaxed BBQ.

I think one of my girlfriends/bridesmaids is staying with me the night of the wedding since my FH and I are going our separate ways (my mum is insisting to stick to tradition).

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried to sleep in a little in the morning (we had our rehearsal the night before), then we decorated the reception space in the afternoon and then my husband and I went our separate ways for the night!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a lot of set up (rentals were delivered, picking up last minute things, asking the rain to stop and go away lol) and organizing and we also had our rehearsal dinner.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I hope that's it though. I want to get a mani/pedi but plan on doing that Thursday with some friends.

Friday I just want a chill day (besides rehearsal), spend a bit of time with friends I haven't seen in awhile. Try to get to bed early (but I doubt that will happen!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics