Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

The boys attire

Candace, on September 12, 2018 at 15:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Just wondering how everyone is doing the groom's side of things. We are currently having all the groomsmen/groom in black suits. Groomsmen will have purple ties and my fiance wants to wear a black tie so that just leaves the dads. We want them in black suits as well but not sure about tie colour. What are you guys doing for this?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on September 13, 2018 at 12:18
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what I'm stressing about right now lol! Luckily still have some time to figure it all out. In the meantime, my dad already has a black suit that he's gonna wear and my mom has a floor length navy dress, so he'll be in navy to match.

My colours are teal and purple and I currently want the groomsmen in light grey suits with either teal or purple ties (maybe vests too). I'm thinking of having my FH in either a darker grey suit with a light blue/purple tie or navy with light grey tie to match the groomsmen, however, I don't want him too matchy with my parents lol.

My bridal party (4 ladies) has a choice between teal and purple dresses so ideally 2 will be in each colour. However, I'm second guessing that decision (no dresses bought yet) and might have my side in purple, his side with teal ties, and my FH have a purple tie to match the bridesmaids.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna have his dad do either, probably a black suit and forest green (since that would match the peacock theme). If you have a secondary colour to purple, I'd put the dads in that colour. If not, a different shade of purple would look good too or even a gold/silver!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is adamant that he will be wearing a navy blue suit, therefore he will be wearing a navy blue suit lol. As for his tie, it will definitely reflect our wedding colours TBD (since I still haven't picked them).

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going very casual for our wedding. We are getting married while standing in the water at a waterfall, so the boys will be wearing light/linen pants rolled up and just a shirt with suspenders/bow tie. We're still not 100% sure - we have our first appointment in a few weeks!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband was in black suit, blue vest and tie. Groomsmen were similar, just no jacket. I wanted my husband to stand out a little bit from the other groomsmen. I didn't worry about what the dads wore. I would suggest something slightly different from the others though, but not completely out of the blue. So, is there another colour in your scheme? The dads could wear that colour tie. Or, same colour, but have bow tie instead, or same colour but a pattern instead of plain.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your husband is wearing black and groomsmen are purple ties, gray can tie in the colour to know whom the father are. Pocket squares can go with the ties to add that look to them.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are putting the guys in purple ties as well! Except they groomsmen will be in light grey and my FH is deciding between dark grey or black! Purple ties on all (FH will have a bow tie) debating a vest under the jacket right now or if we want to do suspenders! Dads will likely be in black or grey suits but will be matching with blue accents along with the moms!

The boys attire 1

The boys attire 2
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Casey - I would still have them wear purple but if they are willing make it a bow tie? Or even just a different shade but the same for each dad would look good.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If there are any other colours in your wedding you could have them do that. Or even a lighter/darker shade of purple than what the Groomsmen are wearing

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics