Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristina
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Thank you cards

Kristina, on April 15, 2018 at 19:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi everyone,

I have heard various things about thank you cards and am not sure what to do. Our wedding isn't until September 1st but we just received a gift from someone who isn't able to make it. Originally we wanted to create thank you cards with photos from the wedding and send those about a month after the wedding or whenever we get the photos. If they are a bit delayed we figured people would understand when seeing that we waited for photos. My question is for people who send gifts ahead of time, do we buy cards now to send to them and then send everyone else the other cards? Or do we send these people 2 sets of cards so that they can see some photos as well..in some cases it is elderly people who can't make it and we want to send photos for them along with the card? These people also live far away so not like we could bring photos in person or see them. Thoughts?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 17, 2018 at 01:43
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can wait and send them a thank you note after with the others. You could also send a quick email or call them to let them know you received their gift, thank them, and let them know they will be missed at the wedding. Then, send them an official thank you card with picture afterward.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would call them personally with a thank you for the gift! And then send a Thank you card with the photos after the wedding!

You can even mention to them that a formal card is to come with photos after the wedding I'm sure they will understand!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I either called or messaged them a thank you in advance of the wedding, and put their name on a list for thank you cards for after the wedding.

I'm now writing up my thank you cards so they will be getting one with a picture from our wedding and a more proper thanks.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a few gifts arrive before our wedding and we just either called or e-mailed people a quick thank you and then sent our thank you cards all at once after the wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just bought a small set of thank you cards from michaels but will end up sending another thank you when we receive our thank you pictures back

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send them a card ASAP. This way they know you received it.

• Kristina
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    O good idea....never thought of the good old fashion phone call....duh lol
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Cynthia. But a phone call to say thank you and maybe let them know pictures will be coming would be nice too.
  • Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just keep a list of who gave what and send them all after the wedding. They will understand why the wait for the thank you card when they see the photo and will appreciate it no matter when they get it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics